[A16] DE surgeries (GE)

Started by grifo, January 21, 2017, 02:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garr1971

И вам не хворать. Модер прибежит, и начнет возмущаться) "only english, only english!!!")
Мод хороший, сбоев не заметил.

faltonico

Hello there!
Did you forget to include the anesthetize bill or did you purposely removed it?

grifo

Quote from: faltonico on February 09, 2017, 01:53:02 PM
Hello there!
Did you forget to include the anesthetize bill or did you purposely removed it?

Hi!

Yeah, I removed it basically bcz I noticed that narcosis is already a stock feature in vanilla and I dont see a point in having it as a stand alone bill. If you think its still useful or have any other ideas please let me know! 

faltonico

Quote from: grifo on February 14, 2017, 09:44:04 PM
Hi!

Yeah, I removed it basically bcz I noticed that narcosis is already a stock feature in vanilla and I dont see a point in having it as a stand alone bill. If you think its still useful or have any other ideas please let me know!
Just forcing a pawn to stay in bed is helpful enough xD
And the improved healing rate is a good plus.
I ended up adding the bill and the hediff to my folder, but the bad thing is that it is considered a regular surgery, so it is not an "easy" surgery anymore, it comes with all the shite A16 brought.

On the other ideas point, the only thing i find not so appealing about this mod, is that there is no real point to repair leg bones (the ones i have done so far), the result is simply not good enough for the effort (-10 movement and 5 pain). Next time I would rather wait to get a bionic part. Though I would be fine with it, If there would be a chance for the pawn to get it on a failed surgery attempt.

Madman666

Actually extra anesthesis option was a bit too good even, I think it added 30% bonus to blood filtration or was it 20%?... I still like it though, since you can use it for its immobilizing effect, to paralyze an idiot that is 100% going to lose his shit and start freaking out. I'd quite like for it to return with about 15% bonus to blood filtration won't make it too OP, but still useful (immobilizing effect will be OP though). And those operation difficulties need to be gone of course, since its just a friggin shot))

grifo

Ah, that what I was talking about. Using narcosis to sedate desperados, an all those evil CIA experiments with consience  :D

Really ketamine ( true narcosis) as most other psychedelics is somewhat usefull in dealing with chronic alcoholism IRL. This can be added as heddiffs as well but I dont sure I have a skill or where to look... Once upon a time I saw a anesthesologist used ketamine to sedate patient and defibrillator to STOP his heart and then he restared it. WTF i said to my self. He registered all 10 ml in ledger, probably wanted to steal 5 ml, but I took 2ml  from him to freak out myself. Good old times!  :D

Ok, I dont really have much time, but maybe I should put anesthesia back? And if you have some good fresh realistic surgery\medication tweaks or content which I can add, then lets do it together, co-authors are always welcome  :D!

P.S. Madman, are you sure its a BONUS to blood pumping in stock mod, not a MALUS?

Madman666

Yup. In DE surgeries its a way to put a person into healing sleep for 3 days (at least it is what description says). It adds bonus to blood filtration to speed up recovery from diseases, while also restraining sick person to bed, to slow disease progression and bolster immunity gain speed. Editing and adding new hediffs is not that hard, rummagin through vanilla xmls will give you most info. Since DE surgeries doesn't have hardcoded parts (c# written dlls) it should be rather simple, just a bit time-consuming. As for ideas unfortunately I don't anything to suggest, thats really worth the effort. Core mod covers most of the permanent health issues RW has and different stuff like treating addictions and etc. mostly covered in other mods.

Amn

Great Mod, i love it!

But i can't get my colonists to do the cure gunshot operation.
It always says it's missing parts.
I have plenty of Glitterworld and regular Medicine and (Pla-)Steel.

What do?

Also, is there an option to remove the permanent effects of surgery?

mfaltz

Hi, I created a Japanese translation of this mod and upload it.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=885801821
Thank you for making great mod.

Cabdono

Would it be possible to add a patch to do surgery on animals too?  I know about A dog said, but that's just replacing the parts with bionics, not repairing/curing.

Fregrant

Sure thing, if someone would be able to spend some time.

Bug: bites are missing in the code. Unlike gunshots, stabs etc.
Also, recipes like "repair femur" "repair radius" etc, clutter the operation menu so much. I suspect cause is recipe type "Recipe_InstallArtificialBodyPart".

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

kaptain_kavern

I was gone for a while but I was maintaining DESurgerie from A11 to A15. Is there still someone maintaining it? or should I do it?

Fregrant

Feel free to try ;)
Adapting code for animals doesnt seems to be hard, but it needs patience and some time. I just made some edits for myself later and it yet works.