why do berserk people leave doors open behind them?

Started by mercurochrome_, December 25, 2016, 11:56:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mercurochrome_

Playing on a see ice tile this has been a big problem for me : now that open doors work let the cold in, all my potato plants died just before harvest. It's not too much of a problem but this finished off my colony as they had just finished eating strapping's corpse (rip strapping)
I was just wondering why the doors had to stay open like that

Jimyoda

I posted about this behavior in Bugs just to ask if it's intentional. I couldn't find any other mental break that does this. Tynan confirmed it's intentional. Makes sense to me that someone gone crazy doesn't bother closing doors. So it's an added thing you have to worry about.
I don't see a way to protect against this. Still happens with auto-doors too. But if/when it happens, you just need to get another colonist (or animal) to pass through the door to close it.
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/

Limdood

set the door to "hold open" so that they close it just to spite you...

(no it doesn't really work...it was a joke)

GiantSpaceHamster

Quote from: Jimyoda on January 26, 2017, 03:34:42 PM
I posted about this behavior in Bugs just to ask if it's intentional. I couldn't find any other mental break that does this. Tynan confirmed it's intentional. Makes sense to me that someone gone crazy doesn't bother closing doors. So it's an added thing you have to worry about.
I don't see a way to protect against this. Still happens with auto-doors too. But if/when it happens, you just need to get another colonist (or animal) to pass through the door to close it.

I totally understand normal doors not closing in this situation.

However, if auto-doors don't close in this case, that definitely seems like a bug.

(Edited to be less of a dick)

GarettZriwin

Quote from: GiantSpaceHamster on January 26, 2017, 05:12:31 PM

However, if auto-doors don't close in this case, that's definitely a bug (even if Tynan disagrees).
Even if they jam them? :P

JimmyAgnt007

Seriously?  One would think that at least the teenager pawns would slam the door if they walk through it angry.

Ukas

Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on January 26, 2017, 10:26:30 PM
Seriously?  One would think that at least the teenager pawns would slam the door if they walk through it angry.

Lol, they slam the door of their own room, other doors they leave open while they dash through the house

Sirportalez

TheMeInTeam

Quote from: GarettZriwin on January 26, 2017, 05:25:03 PM
Quote from: GiantSpaceHamster on January 26, 2017, 05:12:31 PM

However, if auto-doors don't close in this case, that's definitely a bug (even if Tynan disagrees).
Even if they jam them? :P

A berserk pawn having the wherewithal to jam a door is inconsistent with the game's representation of the berserk status.

Auto doors staying open should be seen as a bug.