[1.0] Expanded Incidents (2018-10-30)

Started by System.Linq, January 21, 2017, 11:29:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

System.Linq

This mod increases the variety of incidents your colony faces. The new incidents are designed to be balanced, generally long-term events that you can mitigate or eliminate with proper planning or response, so long as they have any significant impact on your colony.

Expanded Incidents does not require a new save game. It's compatible with everything. It will use Psychology's systems if you have both installed.

New Incidents
- Quarrel: Two pawns friendly towards each other have their relationship damaged by an argument until they make up.
- Homesick: One of your pawns is feeling homesick. They may spread it to other pawns through conversation, until they've made your whole colony unhappy!
- Cliques: Two pawns who dislike each other separate the colony into cliques of their friends. Members of each clique may come to blows.
- Sabotage: Keep a close eye on your colonists if you notice things malfunctioning in your base. Someone has to be to blame. But who?
- Thief: Colonists and pets may spot thieves attempting to sneak into your base and steal valuables, who won't leave without a fight!

Download
I recommend you download it from the Steam Workshop to receive automatic updates. Visit the Steam Workshop page to subscribe here.

If you do not have RimWorld on Steam, but you have a forums account, you can also download it manually through the attachment. Note that the mod requires HugsLib to function.

License
Can include in modpacks with credit. Can reuse/edit code with credit.

[attachment deleted due to age]

System.Linq

Updated to 2017-1-21 v2. Sabotage and Homesick now only target pawns not already affected by the incident. Added new incident that can cure homesickness for you if you let it spread too much.

hwfanatic

One more question about the sabotage incident: can one of your original colonists turn out to be a saboteur?

System.Linq

Updated to 2017-1-22. Some fixes, and saboteurs are now chosen from a pool of people released from your prisons.

hwfanatic

Thanks. I would be very unhappy if my original lone survivor "turned out" to be a saboteur after the population threshold was reached. It wouldn't make any sense. It wouldn't work well even in the crash-landed scenario.

To recap: with the newest update, only recruited pawns have a chance of becoming a saboteur?

System.Linq

Any pawn that you arrest or capture can turn out to be a saboteur.

Napple

Does the saboteur event include recruited pawns using Hospitality.

System.Linq

I don't know for sure, but probably. There's no logical reason it wouldn't anyway; they could be an infiltrator to that faction just as easily as yours.

sirgzu

I noticed some issue with what I can only assume is the thief incident from this mod (tell me if I'm wrong though)

I noticed stuff was disappearing from my base and I had it down as some random bug until I noticed some pawn who was running around but didn't look like any of my colonists, so I decided to investigate.

1) The pawn isn't selectable. Not sure if this is on purpose but it is impossible to select the pawn and see what faction it belongs to or what equipment it has.

2) Upon downing the thief, he became invisible. There was the exclamation mark icon that showed that he was incapacitated so I brought him in, patched him up and released him all as normal, except that he was invisible the whole time. At least his name would show up so I could kind of follow him this time around.

This must have happened on a number of occasions as I noticed some items disappearing but could have happened even more without me noticing. This is a great idea and I love it but I think it just lacks some way of notifying the player they have been robbed. I says on the tin that
Quotecolonists and animals can spot thiefs
but I haven't seen such notification event thus far, perhaps the thiefs just got lucky. In this case and if the thief successfully reaches the edge of the map, perhaps a notification event saying something like: "Oh, looks like someone made off with your stuff!" would go a long way towards reducing frustration. A bonus would be to let the player know what the thief has stolen.

System.Linq

Yes, that is the thief incident from this mod.

sirgzu

Especially when the thief leaves with a crate full of silver xD
I presume they try to target the most expensive item in the colony

ArthoriusBalen

how do i totaly cure the homesick feeling?? my whole colony keep getting homesick even after getting cure! help!  :o

hwfanatic

Restrict affected pawns to their bedrooms. It spreads through social interactions.

ArthoriusBalen

QuoteRestrict affected pawns to their bedrooms. It spreads through social interactions.
I tried, but 5 days in "solitary" makes their mood worse then leaving them walking loose, but f#ck the rest of the colony