[1.0] Expanded Incidents (2018-10-30)

Started by System.Linq, January 21, 2017, 11:29:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hwfanatic

Fill the room with food and smokeleaf joints before forbidding the door. Set a prescription to smoke when mood below minor threshold. Put a light bulb in. Make sure it's not cramped. Put a chess table/ horseshoe pin inside. In translation: deal with the individual mood causes.

How long does homesick feeling last anyway?

ArthoriusBalen

5 days! The problem is that the whole colony is infected now! Then i got a lot of raiders atack, and even if i manage to cure one guy, he get infected all over again just getting close to other dude! Its gona be tricky to cure that one! 😞

System.Linq

There is an update in the wings that adds a new event which can cure homesickness if it infects more than half your colony. Unfortunately I haven't gotten a chance to publish it yet.

hwfanatic

I never seem to be able to catch a thief in the act, only keep noticing stuff is missing. Is there any way I could protect myself a bit better against that? How to spot them?

System.Linq

Thieves are easier to spot in bright light and by colonists with better Sight. Animals also have a much lower chance to spot them. In a future update, turrets will have an even lower chance. Lighting your colony up well and keeping guard animals, kind of like Dwarf Fortress, is probably the best way. Bionic eyes also have a huge impact on the likelihood.

Ukas

The other day I heard a blast, and soon found a single dead pirate lying on a spot where previously was an IED trap, he was killed by it. I presumed this must have been a thief, as I imagine there is no other reason for a single unannouced visitor from the pirate faction to find his way to my minefield. Anyway, I liked the incident a lot, seems like a thing which could actually happen.

So far only thief my pawns spotted, at least to what I've noticed, was when my whole colony with animals and all had retreated to a building which works as the community center with kitchen and a big rec room, this because there were 89 manhunter boomrats running around. So, this guy stealthily walks through the boomrat siege and comes in through the main entrance - only to be spotted immediately and shot. I guess nothing can get through 40 colonists with 16 huskies, even if some of them were drunk. But what was a bit weird was that all the boomrats running around in the streets didn't spot the guy first.

System.Linq

Yes, that was a thief. They will trigger your traps if they step on them while hidden because they are considered hostile. I'm glad it worked out in such a cool way!

Animals have a much lower chance to spot thieves than people.

Lord_Orion

Quote from: Psychology on January 29, 2017, 01:47:27 AM
Yes, that was a thief. They will trigger your traps if they step on them while hidden because they are considered hostile. I'm glad it worked out in such a cool way!

Animals have a much lower chance to spot thieves than people.

Brilliant ;D

System.Linq

Updated to 2017-1-29. Those of you who have colonies afflicted with severe homesickness outbreaks may find relief if the storyteller takes pity on you. Thieves can now be spotted by turrets, very rarely, and tribal thieves will spawn with proper tribal equipment. Homesickness is also compatible with Psychology's new update.

drakulux

Hi Psychology, I use your psychology mod and I am currently considering adding this mod to a new playthrough I am about to start  , but I am worried about how often some of the incidents fire and also how mechanics for some are handled. These are simply ideas, I mod myself so I know what its like having requests left right and center.
My worries are thus;

1. Homesick - I understand spreading it like an infection but I am not sure I like how to handle it i.e. locking up the pawn so it doesn't spread, it just doesnt click logically for me. I am hoping with the introduction of colony leadership in your other mod that there would be better ways of dealing with homesickness? Even without that mod I think the event in this mod alone needs abit of natural-balance. What I mean by this is like, as the homesickness incident appears pawns of certain traits/backgrounds (steadfast) get a chance to reduce the mood effect of homesickness bit by bit if they interact with pawns that are infected (e.g. -25% homesick mood effect).

2. Cliques - How long does this event last? As in will there come a time when the cliques make-up/disband or is my colony going to be forever divided by sorority girls?

3. Sabotage - I am not sure how this event is handled as I am yet to try the mod but I am guessing a recruited pawn  would go to break some building and you would need to catch him in the act. What I want to know is how is catching/stopping/controlling the individual handled? Do you re-imprison the person again with a better/worse recruitment chance? Can this event tie in with leaders by having an underlying reason for committing sabotage which a leader with a high enough stat in social can identify and as such end the event with a much shorter prison sentence.

4. Thief - From reading the forum posts it seems that the thief is an invisible character? Does the thief become visible when in range of your pawns? Why not make a sensor on.click on the thief where when you click it in an attempt to inspect it reacts with something more? Dunno what just idea that kind of fizzled out at the end :P

Anyway look forward to trying this out and making my colony a more, ehem exiting place.

System.Linq

You can handle homesickness any way you would handle a real epidemic. That's the point.

Cliques last two seasons.

Saboteurs must physically do everything that they do to sabotage your colony, and if you catch them doing it and identify the saboteur, you should arrest them.

Thieves can be spotted by your colonists, occasionally by your animals, and rarely by your turrets.

Expanded Incidents doesn't tie into Psychology in any way. It's just compatible. The two are separate mods.

drakulux

Thanks for the replies, will share my thoughts on it as I experience events.

System.Linq

Almantuxas

Is it possible to change some of the Mod Settings, to disable Cliques? Since I don't want my whole colony to be cut in half, because of some prisoners I've recruited that are disfigured, or have traits, that reduce the relationship from the start (Ugly, Creepy Breathing, etc.).

System.Linq

Cliques aren't that destructive to a colony, especially an early one where people are busy.