Save file won't load

Started by Foxygenic, January 22, 2017, 06:53:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foxygenic

Hello,

I was playing Rimworld all day yesterday en it was going great. Savegames worked fine throughout the day. Then suddenly i wanted to load a previous version (thief stole loads of stuff) and it didn't want to load the save. I tried earlier saves, but also those can't be opened anymore. The only save still working is the one just after the crashlanding. Any idea what might have caused this? I changed nothing in the mods, it was literally while playing that i wanted to load a previous save. If you need an output file, let me know.

Calahan

Can you please upload your log file from after your get an error loading the game. So start RimWorld, try to load your game and encounter the problem, then attach the log file from after the former has occurred. Details on where to find your log file can be found in the following thread (see #6): https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=513.0

Foxygenic

Thank you for your quick reply. I have attached the output_log and save. For information about the mods: using the modpack from https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29263.0

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Calahan

That output_log.zip file doesn't contain any files. So can you please try again to post it.

And given the number of mods being used in that mod-pack, this is starting to sound like a save game that was corrupted during saving due to a lack of memory (which is an issue with A16, and worsened by using a lot of mods). But lets see what the log file says first.

Foxygenic

Oops sorry! And okay that's not good :s If that is the issue, can that be fixed?

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Calahan

Thanks for the log file (at the second attempt :) )

There are quite a few errors in the log. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about modding, so I can't say for certain if the errors are being caused exclusively by a mod(s), or whether the save has been corrupted somehow (eg. by the memory issue), which in turn has corrupted the data a mod(s) relies on.

A quick forum search on the most obvious errors in the log, that being numerous...

incorrectly formatted target version 'Unknown'

... entries, suggests they are mod related. But there are some other entries as well that may or may not be errors, but someone with more modding know-how (and modding error know-how) would have to comment on whether those are actual errors.

And I'm afraid I do not now whether your save file is recoverable or not. If it's entirely mod related, then I think, in theory, you can deactivate the mod, and remove all references to that mod in the save file, then you might be able to recover the save. But if there is any sort of corruption involved then your chances of recovery likely reduce dramatically.

Either way I will move this to the mod bugs forum as it doesn't appear to be a Support issue. If nobody responds to this post there, then it might be worth you posting on the mod thread you linked. As if it is entirely a mod issue, then that's going to be a both a better place to find help, and to report problems relating to a specific mod.