Sibling tragedy

Started by Idara, January 22, 2017, 11:34:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Idara

An escape pod landed at the other side of the map, containing the brother of one of my colonists. I sent a pawn to rescue him, but before she got there, the brother was on his feet, and limping, bleeding, towards my colony, so my pawn went to do something else. The rescue/capture options had gone, but the brother is headed to 'rest' in my colony, so I think 'OK', he's just saving her carrying him (he hadn't spontaneously joined the colony - he was still a blue 'neutral' pawn). He eventually arrives and plonks himself in one of my med beds. Great, except there was no option to treat him, and he's bleeding to death. So I send his sister in to 'arrest' him, and he resists - thus the little drama ends with her beating him to death (oops!).

I've never had a pawn from an escape capsule just get up and wander off like that - is it a new thing? What (if anything) should I have done differently to give my guys a chance to recruit him?

OFWG

Pod people spontaneously un-downing themselves is new in A16 from what I've read. For the rest, RNG just decided to screw with you so not anything that could be done about it.
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

Idara

cultist

Strangers are not supposed to just hop into your medical beds if you haven't yet captured or rescued them. Report it in the bug section.

I've never seen Pod People get up on their own, but they come with a random set of wounds and those can potentially be mostly bruises. Bruises heal on their own, so if it's not massive leg damage I assume they would get up if they don't starve to death first. It would be interesting to know how they react if they get up on their own, because I don't really think they're designed to do that (which could explain the odd behaviour).

Idara

Right, I shall report it. Thanks :-)

Keychan

I've had crash survivors survive and wander around in this and previous Alphas. But usually their woulds heal up and sometimes get infections they usually die from. If infection didn't get them I beat them down and arrest them, or with one instance, with the Hopitality mod, had him love my colony so much he wanted to join. This was when I forgot all about him and he was free loading on smokeleafs and lavious meals.

Idara

Just realised there is a whole bug thread on this issue  ::)

mrm

I had one of these. Dude was heavily wounded, but he decided he just take a walk to my medical bed. Trough entire map. No options to rescue, etc. It was a pretty slow walk, so he didn't make it. Hi died in my dining room. I don't know if he collapsed first with option for rescue, or died instantly, i forgot about him and found him the next morning :)

FreyaMaluk

I had some crashlanded related people who could move after a while, but when you play in a sea ice map and the brother of your best colonist spawned in the farthest corner of the map, that just hurts... Hypothermia always screws you over time and time again.

OFWG

Quote from: Idara on January 22, 2017, 12:45:27 PM
Just realised there is a whole bug thread on this issue  ::)

OK, I thought so which is why I didn't suggest you report it :)
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

giannikampa

Had this issue when cryptoguys came out peacefully, they went straight to the med beds then died some days later.

anybody tested what happen if you unmark the medical bed they go in? like nonmed or for prisoner. I expect them to get up at least, can't imagine what will do next
And as always.. sorry for my bad english