prehistoric mammals revived... where are the others?

Started by forestfey, January 22, 2017, 01:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

forestfey

I don't know why no-one has made dinosaurs so far, but there's some prehistoric mammals we already have. Let me make a quick species inventory...
  • Mammoth: check, even though not vanilla.
  • Megatherium: check. And I will continue to call it this, correctly.
  • Wooly Rhino: check, even though not vanilla.

...So you're telling me, no-one has made a proper Smilodon or Sabretooth texture neither???
Have I forgotten anything that's already there?

(edit: I saw Hydro is working on a wooly rhino)
"Despite all our accomplishments, we owe our existence to a six-inch layer of top-soil and the fact that it rains."
_
Klirrend klare Nacht
funkelt durch den Schleier.
Entfaltung nach innen

Jingling clear night
Sparkles through the veil.
Unfolding inwards

Hydromancerx

The Taiga mod has a Woolly Rhino. Also I was working on a Mammoth for that mod too.

Taiga Mod
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=27694.0

Also was working on theses too for the Taiga mod.

forestfey

Oh wow! not that I want to make it a competition or something... But let's see who finishes the sabretooth-texture first, eh?^^ And hey... not enuff muscles, bulk, for a Smilodon!

I can be VERY peculiar about distinctive animal body-shapes, nothing personal but rather professional "can't help-ism".... Sorry if that sounds pissy or know-it-all-like from time to time.
"Despite all our accomplishments, we owe our existence to a six-inch layer of top-soil and the fact that it rains."
_
Klirrend klare Nacht
Entfaltung nach innen

Jingling clear night
Unfolding inwards

forestfey

there's also something else we could do... I might just call my Sabretooth S. populator then, it was the biggest in the family. Will avoid defname-chaos, either?^^
_
Klirrend klare Nacht
Entfaltung nach innen

Jingling clear night
Unfolding inwards

forestfey

here, this is what I got so far... kinda flowin  :o

QuoteSpoilers:
Different lifestages with corresponding sprites.
A terrifying beast I yet have to pit against a Mega...-therium.
Any bets? :P

_
Klirrend klare Nacht
Entfaltung nach innen

Jingling clear night
Unfolding inwards

Sarelth

I would like to see Cave Bears, Jerboas, Glyptodons, Thylacines, Hyenadons, and maybe a few birds.

forestfey

omg Glyptodon, yes!!!^^ I have to see where it carries me, I don't want to promise stuff and then lose the willingness to also do it? Considered to make hyenas or terrorbirds as personal projects next... but i have already told someone else i'm going to make textures ;)
_
Klirrend klare Nacht
Entfaltung nach innen

Jingling clear night
Unfolding inwards

Hydromancerx

Yeah i was hoping someone would make a Glyptodon. Of course just a normal armadillo would be nice too.

forestfey

Beasts of the Rim featured an Armadillo (dissected that mod for learning to make the shepherd)... the basic textures for them...uhm... fitted?
A Glyptodon probably looked slightly different, though, anyway. Not just/only... larger^^
An addition to the prehistoric beast-wars arena, hehe...
_
Klirrend klare Nacht
Entfaltung nach innen

Jingling clear night
Unfolding inwards

Hydromancerx

@forestfey

Please make a Savanna Animals Mod or Desert Animal Mod. We really need animals like Giraffes in Rimworld! Maybe even make it eat trees like Thrumbos do.

forestfey

I'll see what I can do... and do my very best, the idea to make packs or collections is very appealing though... even if it's possibly not all my own stuff %D
_
Klirrend klare Nacht
Entfaltung nach innen

Jingling clear night
Unfolding inwards

Birdy

We need love for sheeps and lizards. ;_; Or even a new kitty, persian cat/norwegian forest cat.

forestfey

I totally feel you, but this thread was specifically opened up for prehistoric mammals animals, dear^^
Please consider to make a separate post at a more suitable spot, perhaps "suggestions" or "mod-requests"?

Also, there are other modders that had worked on different cats, but apparently there hasn't been an update yet...   ???
_
Klirrend klare Nacht
Entfaltung nach innen

Jingling clear night
Unfolding inwards

lilymortis

The cat mod works on this alpha without an update. :)