[A17] Colony Leadership and Teaching v1.3

Started by Nandonalt, January 22, 2017, 04:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whatsupJ

Hey there, I need some help.
My colony is almost 1 year old and had only 1 election on the 2nd month, the thing is that in that election no leader was elected, so I waited till next election day and no election was performed. Right now I have 6 colonists with some high skill levels. So none of my colonists don't  have the required level to be leader?
My question is: what is the required skill level for each type of leader? And which ones are the skills required for each leader type?

AngleWyrm

Quote from: whatsupJ on September 03, 2017, 10:16:42 AM
Hey there, I need some help.
My colony is almost 1 year old and had only 1 election on the 2nd month, the thing is that in that election no leader was elected, so I waited till next election day and no election was performed.

There is some connection between scheduling "fun" activity time and elections. I solved that problem by rescheduling the colony to have solid fun time on the day of elections.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

whatsupJ

Yeah, makes sense now since it's like the "attend party" event.

DiamondBorne

I don't think ancient danger have anything to do with election. Instead, i think the problem is coming from Arachnophobia mod in The Rim of Madness modpack. I have colony crawling with spiders, action music keep playing since landing. And when i only use Leadership without Arachnophobia, the election can happen on day 1 with no problem.

kenmtraveller

The symptoms you describe are a known issue and they are caused by mechanoids (or bugs, I don't remember which) being already activated in an undiscovered ancient danger.  You haven't had the colony naming event either , right?  Workaround is to go into dev mode and kill the activated creatures in the ancient danger (or just open it up and fight them, but you'll probably lose early game).

SpaceDorf

Mechanoids are the culprits ..

The problem with elections are that they need the colony to be named before they can happen.

Another possible solution is forcing the Naming Event through Dev Mode.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Tenshi~Akari

Hmm... I guess a this point it's safe to say there's no hope for future updates of this? It's been awhile since OP has been active here...

I had only a few minor concerns after having had this for a good amount of time, some of which were already addressed (dictatorship not allowing options for assigning teachers outside of the dictator, plus the option to reform from that to democracy without dev mode), and one minor one being the ignore list for the classes. Granted, I have a ridiculously populated colony set-up on purpose, just for giggles & multi-colony setup, but it only seems that the list will extend but so far to select who you want to disregard the classes. Would love to see a better UI for that if it were possible (similar to bed assignments, or, just adding a scroll bar. Can't seem to confirm any options on that part without any way to access the rest of the list, since the name list exceeds the dimensions of my current screen size...)

PhxCan

Not all dictators have to die to make a transition to the democracy. The guy who is the founder of my country was basically a military dictator(he was a benevolent leader so nobody calls him that), but when the wars over he made people form the first opposition party in my country. So there should be an option to pass to democracy in the game. But if you know how to change it by dev mode, I am also interested. My colony is big enough to support democracy now.

wedekit

I have also had inconsistent elections.

I'm more concerned that you only get the leadership "aura" bonus when you are in the same room as a leader. It makes many of the +speed effects a little useless. For example, most people put their research table in its own room, so good luck ever getting the research bonus.. unless the researcher is the leader, of course. And unless your operating on the leader, good luck getting your surgery/doctoring bonuses. Fortunately in my current game my doctor is one of the two leaders...

Tenshi~Akari

Quote from: PhxCan on October 07, 2017, 02:23:38 PM
...But if you know how to change it by dev mode, I am also interested. My colony is big enough to support democracy now.

Mentions this in the changes...just be in Developer Mode when you click on the Leadership tab. You should have 3 buttons available to you, One to change the leadership type, one to change/add leaders, and one to completely purge the leadership roles in case you want to completely remove the mod.  ;)

Outside of that, nothing much else to change it. There desperately needs to be some sort of transition or abdication function for regular gameplay.

(And definitely was also hoping there'd be more flexibility with the class system as well, not just the attendee list fix. Would like to chose some colonist outside of the leaders... and since it's working with Children & Pregnancy mod alright, trying to rehabilitate some stray pirate-turned-colonist kidlets up, but the current leadership isn't quite as strong in construction as the stronger pawn that was overlooked due to low social levels...  :-\)

PhxCan

Quote from: Tenshi~Akari on October 08, 2017, 08:26:15 AM
Quote from: PhxCan on October 07, 2017, 02:23:38 PM
...But if you know how to change it by dev mode, I am also interested. My colony is big enough to support democracy now.

Mentions this in the changes...just be in Developer Mode when you click on the Leadership tab. You should have 3 buttons available to you, One to change the leadership type, one to change/add leaders, and one to completely purge the leadership roles in case you want to completely remove the mod.  ;)

Thank you very much :)

Tuvka

How to change the range of the leader's aura?

leafzxg

Any chance we can get this updated for B18? it is so good i have even quit the game till this mod comes out!

Topper

I'd love to see something like this worked into the vanilla game ala Dwarf fortress's nobility system.