[A17] Colony Leadership and Teaching v1.3

Started by Nandonalt, January 22, 2017, 04:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TryB4Buy

How compatible/playable is this A17 mod with B18?

baiph

Quote from: TryB4Buy on December 05, 2017, 10:18:55 AM
How compatible/playable is this A17 mod with B18?

Not very. I tried "updating" it by changing the version on the about.xml, but it didn't work quite well. You will have no problems loading the game, but what happened to my colonists is that they will sit on a table when eating, but they will never actually be able to eat their meal. They will sit, and a bar will pop-up above their head, then stand up, and repeat this over and over again. Ultimately, my colonists got angry and started dozing off or started social fights and they eventually all died of hunger.

justapawn_

Woops I meant B18, no more alpha PogChamp

Canute

justapawn_,
you just can "modify" your posting you made to correct this kind of mistakes. :-)

But i wouldn't await a B18 version soon, the mod author isn't very active lately.

justapawn_

Quote from: Canute on December 10, 2017, 03:20:56 AM
justapawn_,
you just can "modify" your posting you made to correct this kind of mistakes. :-)

But i wouldn't await a B18 version soon, the mod author isn't very active lately.

Sorry.

Oh that's a shame. This mod was really cool :(

Harry_Dicks

Could you not just get this mod from HardcoreSK Project?

sevrun

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 02, 2018, 08:14:47 PM
Could you not just get this mod from HardcoreSK Project?

The SK crew does a lot of work to get everything to function properly, so I'm not really sure how well that would turn out.  Not saying don't try it, just realize that it would likely still be an involved process.

Harry_Dicks

Would this mod still work with MakeWarNotLove? Anyone have any experience with it?

Valor

Is it possible to change type of regime in the colony? Even with save editing or dev mode?

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Valor on January 11, 2018, 06:27:47 AM
Is it possible to change type of regime in the colony? Even with save editing or dev mode?

Yes with dev mode. You just click on a pawn, and in the bottom left, the option is on one of their "tabs" if you have God Mode enabled. Something like "reset colony leadership", or "reset leadership type", or something like that. You could even cheat I think and have multiple dictators, I can't remember everything about it at this time, though.

EDIT: Now that I've brought back Psychology into my mod list, this got me thinking. How cool would it be if there was another mod for a sort of "cabinet" or "council" positions you could appoint pawns too? For example make someone be the head jailer/warden, who gets a boost to prisoner recruit chance, or has an aura to make prisoners work quick (if you use prison labor mods). You could have your head of security/military, who gives an aura of increased accuracy/melee dodge/cooldown reduction. A director of agriculture who has an aura that increases plant harvest speed or yield. A foreman who's aura increases construction speed.

These leaders could even level up their leadership skill overtime, or some of the skills that they have progress over time. Also, the skills or buffs they have don't have to be just auras. For example, your foreman (head of construction), the higher his construction skill, the less chance colony wide you have of pawns failing in a construction. The higher medical skill for your chief doctor could increase colony wide immunity gain speed, or increase medical tend quality. Again, these can individual auras/buffs/skills could all level up incrementally. You could also give these guys active and/or individual skills. Your head of security could have, say, a 20 second buff that makes any pawns downed in a radius of 20 tiles from them have only a 40% chance of dying, 35% next level, 30% after that, or keep increasing the radius, or decreasing cooldown, etc.

A cool thing that these head of departments could do would be to "research policies" that take this pawn awhile to unlock at their "manager desk." Possibly have some trade offs too to keep things interesting. An example: your chief warden spends X amount of time unlocking the "prisoner privileges  policy." This would make prisoners say 10% easier to recruit, but 5-10% more likely to stage a breakout, and they would have a 50% chance to spawn a shank for their breakout attempt. I'm sure you could think of a hundred different policies or things like this to unlock. The policies could be all individual, that you could start any of them at any time, or they could be locked behind technology levels, or behind the "leadership level" of whatever type of leader you have for that department. You could even have a custom policy unlock "tree" like how dubwise does. The more I think about this, the more I think you could really take this thing in so many different directions if someone wanted to, or expand upon it in so many different ways.

I'm going to also repost this elsewhere, since this thread is kinda dead, maybe I can inspire a modder to get something in the works!

EDIT: Made a post further expanding upon this idea, if anyone wants would want to discuss: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=38172.0

AnotherFireFox

Seems like the author is gone, however I have to ask...
Can I fork this mod into a Colony College mod? If I can, where could I get the codes of this mod?

Kiame

Quote from: AnotherFireFox on July 20, 2018, 08:46:34 AM
Can I fork this mod into a Colony College mod? If I can, where could I get the codes of this mod?

If the code is not in a repo like github there is always the ugly option of viewing / copying the (de)compiled code using a program like dnSpy or ilspy. Download the mod, open the .dll file in the assembly directory, create a new code project, create a file in the IDE for each class in the dll in ilspy, copy/paste the code. The code will not always be 1 for 1 and there will be compiled methods that will need to be removed/modified.

Link for getting started with decompilers for RimWorld: https://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Modding_Tutorials/Decompiling_source_code

AnotherFireFox

Quote from: Kiame on July 25, 2018, 02:37:57 PM
Quote from: AnotherFireFox on July 20, 2018, 08:46:34 AM

If the code is not in a repo like github there is always the ugly option of viewing / copying the (de)compiled code using a program like dnSpy or ilspy. Download the mod, open the .dll file in the assembly directory, create a new code project, create a file in the IDE for each class in the dll in ilspy, copy/paste the code. The code will not always be 1 for 1 and there will be compiled methods that will need to be removed/modified.

Link for getting started with decompilers for RimWorld: https://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Modding_Tutorials/Decompiling_source_code

Yes, I'm ready with my VS Code and Ilspy addon but whelp...I hope I don't have to work in ugly way...

lance789