[A17] Colony Leadership and Teaching v1.3

Started by Nandonalt, January 22, 2017, 04:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trigon

drakulux

Hi, can this be uninstalled from a save without issue? Ofcourse making sure all items from the mod are deconstructed first.

Canute

And no leader should be active, then you can try it.

nmarshall23

Here is a bug report.

Lessons overrides all other actions that a colonist may take.

Starving colonist will attend Lessons and not eat first.
Marriage ceremonies will be interrupted.

thecookiemaker

My first year the election took place a couple days after they built the box. Then at the end of that year they were removed from leadership, but no new leaders were elected. It has been over a year without a new election. I recently tried removing and replacing the ballot box, but even 2 seasons later they still won't use it. I get the message ever few days that no teacher was assigned, but there is no way to assign them until the election takes place.
Am I missing something?
Is there any way to force an election?

LordMunchkin

I built the ballot box and, even though all my pawns show up for a election, no one gets elected. Instead it says there was no election because no one showed up. I tried locking my colonists in the room with nothing but the ballot box but nothing happened.  :-\

Navy1227

Quote from: thecookiemaker on January 29, 2017, 08:51:46 PMIs there any way to force an election?
Enable Dev mode in the options menu, then I believe you simply click on the ballot box and there should be something like "DEV: Start Election."

Pichu0102

Can you add an option to forbid the teacher's desk to temporarily suspend lessons during events without changing the schedule?

azulusthra

Any way to change from Dictatorship to Democracy mid-game ?

If there's a way, would the leader be purged along when you change the leadership type ?

Goldenpotatoes

Any chance of separating the teaching part of the mod as a standalone?

Techgenius

Nice to see fellow brazilians doing so well for themselves on international communities. That said, irmão[brother]...

How about including more goverment types? some corporation-like megacorps, science directorates, these including strickly structured leadership ranks, with one or more leaders, board of directors, the Chief Executive Officer and its underlings (Junior CEOS) or perhaps, a Military Order, Mercenary Group with captains, quartermasters, and soldiers ranks, allowing people to rise in ranks based on their... abilities/skills and gain both social and mental buffs

duduluu

Hi, Nandonalt!
I'd like to translate your mod, but because of the lack of method .Translate() some text cannot be translated.
Could you add this method to your mod's dll? If you could open the source code on github, that will be perfect.
You could see about how do I add method .Translate() at this mod: https://github.com/RimWorld-zh/IzzyHRC-Mind-Altering-Device
RimTrans translation tool for RimWorld
RimWorld-English original text for translating RimWorld
RimWorld-zh.com my translation team website

joaonunes

I think there are backstories where the pawns were/are actual teachers. Are you considering adding something for the "real" teachers? Maybe each could have a specification too depending on the stats they have and they could do the teaching instead while the leaders gave the buff and maybe some other stuff...

Great idea though :D Will install right away
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

Trigon

Funnily enough the prepare carefully pawn I have who's a teacher always ends up a leader. Probably because of her really high social skills.

Endconquerer

Can someone make this mod using a file type other than .rar? I can't use this mod because I'm on a Mac.