[A17] Colony Leadership and Teaching v1.3

Started by Nandonalt, January 22, 2017, 04:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danielee

Quote from: duduluu on February 04, 2017, 08:48:43 AM
Hi, Nandonalt!
I'd like to translate your mod, but because of the lack of method .Translate() some text cannot be translated.
Could you add this method to your mod's dll? If you could open the source code on github, that will be perfect.
You could see about how do I add method .Translate() at this mod: https://github.com/RimWorld-zh/IzzyHRC-Mind-Altering-Device
Updated for chinese simplified except keyed as duduluu said. https://www.dropbox.com/s/vrxdgkpw3bywycr/ChineseSimplified.zip?dl=0

Nandonalt

Quote from: duduluu on February 04, 2017, 08:48:43 AM
Hi, Nandonalt!
I'd like to translate your mod, but because of the lack of method .Translate() some text cannot be translated.
Could you add this method to your mod's dll? If you could open the source code on github, that will be perfect.
You could see about how do I add method .Translate() at this mod: https://github.com/RimWorld-zh/IzzyHRC-Mind-Altering-Device

Hi,
I'll do that on a future version of the mod. There's a lot of strings to adjust so it'll take some time.
I know you mean the best but I'm not comfortable yet on putting my mod on github (I'm still learning to code C#).

Igan

I created a sort of "Council Room" where I put my ballot box and a table + chairs.

Every week my pawns attend the elections, roam around in the room as it was a party, and then they go to their business somewhere else.

Then I got a messages "The elections have finished!" and "No colonist went to vote!" (or something like that).

Am I missing something...?

tobi1449

How do I get my colonists to do another election? I've activated it at the ballot box, but they don't hold another election at the appropriate days.

AngleWyrm

Quote from: tobi1449 on February 08, 2017, 07:27:33 AM
How do I get my colonists to do another election? I've activated it at the ballot box, but they don't hold another election at the appropriate days.
I run into this problem every game as well: The colonists gather around the ballot box, hang out for a bit, then scatter to their other tasks, and a couple messages say something like "no one attended the election."

Whatever the test is for attending the election, GET RID OF IT! :P
P.S. Love the addition of school to the game.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Old Marm

This is one of my favorite mods.  It adds a bit of humor and charm and depth of gameplay to Rimworld.  I wonder if you could add a desk building that, added to a room, would designate the mayor's office?

joaonunes

A berserker has been elected in my colony as a military leader and now I am scared about what he might do if he rages xD
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

TheSoloGamer

Can you add more types of leadership? I think it would be fun to play a dictatorship or a totalitarian colony.

AngleWyrm

Quote from: Old Marm on February 08, 2017, 11:44:13 PM
I wonder if you could add a desk building that, added to a room, would designate the mayor's office?

These are the droids you're looking for, and yes it comes with a manager's desk:

Colony Manager (2 minute youtube video)
Colony Manager download link

AngleWyrm

Elections have often failed for me, and among the things I've done is deconstructing and then reconstructing the ballot box. So in my latest game I decided to skip the whole fail process and just deconstruct and reconstruct the ballot box before an election takes place.

It worked.

Lennbolt7

Trigon

Quote from: Lennbolt7 on February 18, 2017, 12:36:24 AM
So how do I start a dictatorship?
Select it at the very beginning of a new colony. By default it's democracy, so click on that and in the side menu select dictatorship.

Ruisuki

Sounds like a badass mod. Though I think it would be cooler if the leader could assign roles. So there could be a teacher role for instance and maybe theyd get a slight relationship bonus for assigning them to it. It seems better than having the leader of the colony do the actual teaching. You'd think that would fall to someone else. Same with doctor, guard captain, chef etc

Grabarz

well i got strange problem

my colony counts 12 people - i used prepare carefully mod to obtain all doing colonists, now my leaders are always scientists

even if i force elections and somehow new leader will be the worst of the whole colony in research the type of leader is scientist ...

any idea what's going on ?