[A17] Colony Leadership and Teaching v1.3

Started by Nandonalt, January 22, 2017, 04:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngleWyrm

Quote from: Grabarz on February 21, 2017, 10:51:52 AM
I used prepare carefully mod to obtain all doing colonists, now my leaders are always scientists.
...new leader will be the worst of the whole colony in research the type of leader is scientist ...
I have a guy with top tier Social/Negotiating skills and he's not selected as leader. So I don't know what rules the mod uses during election. Might check the source code on that.

EDIT
Seems that health is a factor, social/negotiating can't be disabled, being asleep, or the election taking place during a non-joy designated time period. Not sure about that last bit, but it may be an unnecessary source of failed elections.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

AngleWyrm

The Defs folder shows what characteristics are improved through teaching and they aren't what I thought was being taught. It seems classes aren't teaching skills, they are teaching buffs to the benefits of having a skill. For example, a student might gain a permanent buff to their disease immunity.

Trigon

I think they're elected based on how popular they are. In my experience it seems to be whoever has the most friends, as opposed to who would actually be the best for the job.

AngleWyrm

On the theory that elections are being cancelled because they take longer than a single joy-period, I declared the 7th to be a holiday by designating all non-sleep time as joy time. The election took place early in the day, and succeeded.

Leaders Elected
Jon, Social-10, Construction-9 was elected as a Carpenter Level-2
Ben, Social-5, Shooting-10 was elected as a Warrior Level-3

Relations map at the time of election

Igan

Yep, usually the one wih more friends (more and better green relations) usually win the elections.

Pretty and beautiful pawns overwhelm the elections and got re-elected a lot.

romanrez13

Hi, Nandonalt , could you tell me what need to change in your mod for more radius of aura? I think its not efficiently do aura radius to small. Maybe in future you do aura on "house zone" or more bigger radius.

rsdworker

looks great i love leaders - i would use them to mange colonies

rogerbacon

Is there a way to change from dictatorship to democracy without starting a new colony?

Ruisuki

Quote from: AngleWyrm on February 21, 2017, 06:08:15 PM
On the theory that elections are being cancelled because they take longer than a single joy-period, I declared the 7th to be a holiday by designating all non-sleep time as joy time. The election took place early in the day, and succeeded.

Leaders Elected
Jon, Social-10, Construction-9 was elected as a Carpenter Level-2
Ben, Social-5, Shooting-10 was elected as a Warrior Level-3

Relations map at the time of election

Is it possible to schedule worktime and sleeptime based on dates? If not, I wonder if theres a mod for that, because itd be sweet. I like the holiday idea.

Ruisuki

Quote from: Ruisuki on February 21, 2017, 04:13:28 AM
Sounds like a badass mod. Though I think it would be cooler if the leader could assign roles. So there could be a teacher role for instance and maybe theyd get a slight relationship bonus for assigning them to it. It seems better than having the leader of the colony do the actual teaching. You'd think that would fall to someone else. Same with doctor, guard captain, chef etc
any chance of something like this happening?

SpaceDorf

I like this mod, and It works without problem with my other 120 odd mods.

Could you set the Ballot Box and the Teaching table to be re-installable ?
Especially the Ballot Box, which has to be destroyed to rebuilt it else where.

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

AngleWyrm

Just had an event take place on the 7th of the month, the two leaders stopped being leaders. My guess is it was probably the result of reaching the end of their 1-year term of service, but no new election took place that day, leaving them leaderless for a week.

Darkmark8910

How do I trigger the ransom event in the debug menu?

My leader was kidnapped by raiders. This has resulted in -hundreds of thousands- of bug errors in the debug as nothing leader-related can trigger. It's really lagging the game and I'd love to get my leader back.

Any thoughts? Thanks so much!

BUG REPORT/EDIT: found a bug which resolved my issue. When a leader colonist is kidnapped, the bug from azulusthra's post (on page 2) triggers. Once my kidnapped colonist was no longer a leader (a random message appeared saying "Skye is no longer a leader"), the bug stopped. Now I don't need to remove the mod, hope this helps :)

AngleWyrm

Teachers and Skills
I did some study of the xml files to see what all is required of the teachers and what they can teach, and here's a summary of what I found.

All Teachers
Every class of teacher can improve their students in these skills:
  • TradePriceImprovement
  • RecruitPrisonerChance
  • GiftImpact

Warrior
Skill 8+ in: Shooting, Melee(?), Doctoring(?)
  • MoveSpeed
  • ShootingAccuracy
  • MeleeHitChance
  • MedicalTendQualityOffset

Carpenter
Skill 8+ in: Construction, Crafting, Art
  • ConstructionFailChance
  • ConstructionSpeed
  • WorkSpeedGlobal
  • MiningSpeed

Scientist
Skill 8+ in: Research, Doctor(?), Handler(?)
  • ResearchSpeed
  • PsychincSensitivity
  • SurgerySuccesChance
  • TrainAnimalChance
  • GlobalLearningFactor

Botanist
Skill 8+ in: Growing, Handling, Doctoring(?)
  • PlantWorkSpeed
  • FoodPoisonChance
  • HarvestFailChance
  • HealingQuality
  • TameAnimalChance
  • ImmunityGainSpeed

The skills marked with a question were added to the list by me as the most likely skill responsible for the gains. They may or may not be required as they weren't mentioned in-game.

EDIT: The pop-up message text when a teacher begins class seems to change depending on the skill set of the teacher; it's showing what the current teacher can provide rather than what's needed.

Ruisuki