The most sick experience i ever had in a game.

Started by Deathawaits4, January 22, 2017, 11:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deathawaits4

Hei guys, so i just had something realy sick happen to me. I started my custom scenario with "the gifted girl". Basically it was a 15 yo girl with her brother escaping a slave ship, landing on a tundra. She has 0 points in every stat, but has the trait fast learner, very beautifull and strong minded. She has 150% learning efficieny in everything, thats why the gifted girl. Now i had some mod factions and stuff installed and i mostly had some guys with sticks and bows attack me, but then 1 year later 2 guys with hightech gear came and downed her and a other guy taking them with them. 1 season after, i got the massage that the old leader of said faction died and THE GIRL THEY KIDNAPPED is the new leader.. Thats like wow, how can something like this happen in a video game. I want her back in my colony and not beeing the leader of some stupid merc faction :( is there any way to get her back :'(

PotatoeTater

She can come back during a raid, faction leaders sometimes will decided to lead an attack.
Life is Strange

Thyme

She is called gifted for a reason I guess. Such stories are the reason why so many people love RimWorld. And while this is a good example, it is by far not the most sick experience here ;)

Unless you want to cheat, there's little chance of getting her back. Faction leaders (and pawns existing in the world_pawn list) have a chance of participating in raids/caravans. Then there's the "demand ransom" event, but I think that won't work now that she's the leader. If she spawns during a raid, you'd have to capture her, which has a high chance of death, because the random death mechanic instakills 66% (not sure) of every pawn that gets downed.

Cheating simply requires devmode and "spawn faction leader" combined with "force join" or something like that. Or save scuming in case she dies when getting downed.
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

milon

I could be mistaken, but I believe the "instakill mechanic" applied to downed mods is dependent on your colony population and storyteller.  The more colonists you have, the more likely instakill will happen - especially if you're at/above the upper bound set by the storyteller.  Similarly, instakill very rarely happens to downed pawns if you're at/below the lower bound.

Deathawaits4

I got her back! she actually ran away from the faction and joined me again by herself.. Bringing with her a high tech gun and some sweet armor. I actually managed to defeat the wave following her, sadly grandpa joe got a heart attack shortly after he got shot to the chest  :'( your sacrifice will not be forgotten grandpa joe

Seeker89

Thyme

We can only assume that this girl took over pirate leadership with the intention on defecting later to weaken a major enemy of the colony. Opportunities must be taken.

*One of her ancestors clearly is Cpt. Jack Sparrow.
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

Deathawaits4

Quote from: Thyme on January 24, 2017, 02:28:11 AM
We can only assume that this girl took over pirate leadership with the intention on defecting later to weaken a major enemy of the colony. Opportunities must be taken.

*One of her ancestors clearly is Cpt. Jack Sparrow.

Haha, yea that is so damn true. This game can build so many stories, you just have to use your mind :)