Typo in my backstory made it in.

Started by anonymous456, January 23, 2017, 05:27:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anonymous456

Back in god knows when, when I was frantically pacing my room trying to think of an interesting and fitting backstory I tried to get it right so much that I overlooked a clear typo. My character is already accepted but anyway, if somebody at Ludeon is bored and has nothing to do...

Name: Hagen "Shepherd" Fallersbach

Adult Backstory: Fallen official

NAME was an official for an autocratic government.

When HIS superiors demanded HE participate(?) in atrocities, NAME resigned and escape from his homeworld with nothing but the clothes on HIS back.

Calahan

I'm a little bit confused by what you want corrected here.

I assume that the typo you are pointing out is that "escape" should be "escaped" to reflect the past tense. Is that correct?  Although I'm afraid I'm having less joy at working out what the (?) is meant to be highlighting as "participate" reads okay to me, and "participates" wouldn't be correct (which is my guess, although likely a bad one, at what you are trying to highlight).

Having said all that though, creative rewards are separate to these forums, meaning the moderators have no facility to make any changes to them as only Tynan can do that. So if you want to get this typo corrected you will need to send Tynan an email about this ([email protected]), explaining what it is you want changed.

Although I think he would appreciate it if you could make it as clear as possible what you are wanting changed. So for example if you want a typo corrected then provide the full context, as you have done here. And then either clearly state which word(s) contains the typo/mistake, and clearly state what the word should be instead (Tynan won't appreciate having to guess this or deduce it for himself). Or just type out the new text that you want, highlighting the words that are different to the original text. (although please note that I am only assuming that Tynan will agree to correct typos, but I do not know this for sure).

anonymous456

QuoteI assume that the typo you are pointing out is that "escape" should be "escaped" to reflect the past tense. Is that correct?  Although I'm afraid I'm having less joy at working out what the (?) is meant to be

That is correct. I consider myself fluent in English but it is not my native language, and "participate" did sound strange to me in that sentence so I needed clarification. Thanks for clearing that up and the help, going to send a proper email.

Calahan

Happy to help, and hopefully you can get the typo corrected (not least becasue I have a totally irrational hatred of them  >:( )

Lurmey

Quote from: Calahan on January 25, 2017, 05:18:48 AM
(not least becasue I have a totally irrational hatred of them  >:( )

Oh, how ironic. I'm sorry, I just had to point this out.

Anyway, I supposed I should ask, @IgorKeefe, if Tynan fixed this issue. It's good practice to provide a conclusion to any thread, so when people come back to it in future they can see whether the problem was resolved (and if applicable, how it was resolved.)

anonymous456

I did send the mail and Tynan responded that it will be fixed with the next update. Life is good.