Ship Launch Animation (see gif in thread)

Started by 00zim00, January 25, 2017, 05:27:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

00zim00

Im sure others have probably came up with this idea before but I thought I would make an animation to show what I mean. Since building a ship came in game I never really felt satisfied with a simple white fade out after you launch.

Just seems to me to be a missed opportunity that would take "little" effort to implement in game. Unless you already have something even cooler planned and I just havnt heard of it yet :D!

To make it work I think it would be cool to have a "Ship Floor" and "ship wall" items which you can use in conjunction with making a zone around your ship, maybe a max size area you have to pre-place for ship building to keep us from building a map sized ship lol. That way when you launch your ship the game can make a simple yet satisfying animation of the ship taking off. Might even be cool to have it flying (bobbing up and down/side to side) in the background durin the credits as they roll.

My thought is that since the ship wont be changing perspective and the shadows already change with the day/night cycle. You should be able to "pan" the map out in order to give the appearance of the ship rising, then just move the sprites that make up the ship forward, could even add some cool engine glow or other effects!

Anyways hope my idea has inspired you :)

A Friend

Neat, would very much make the ship escape a pretty satisfying achievement instead of the "u are winner" we have now.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

00zim00

Quote from: A Friend on January 25, 2017, 06:47:27 AM
Neat, would very much make the ship escape a pretty satisfying achievement instead of the "u are winner" we have now.

Indeed :) Am curious what they come up with!