[1.3] Rah's Hardcore Armors - v2.3 (Aug 28th, 2021)

Started by Rah, January 25, 2017, 11:15:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plasmatic

Quote from: Rah on June 15, 2017, 07:01:50 PM
Quote from: Plasmatic on June 15, 2017, 01:00:07 PM
I love the armours, they look great and function great, though I was wondering if it was possible to have the shield show up at bottom of the screen like a shield belt does?

Also, how hard would it be for me to modify the amount of shield the armour has? I notice that the xml only lists <EnergyShieldRechargeRate>0.1</EnergyShieldRechargeRate>
<EnergyShieldEnergyMax>1</EnergyShieldEnergyMax>

Which doesn't look like the actual value. (I assume that is in the .dll?)
There are a few reasons for why it's not visible, one being balance, but I might consider that. With regards to the last question; That is the energy value actually, so you can modify it if you want.

Oh right yes.. 1 in there means 100% in game, I was just confused because I was seeing 120ish in game, but i didn't consider quality :)

About visibility, maybe I'm being dense, but how would showing the shield like a shield belt have any impact on balance?

Rah

The main reason is that it wasn't immediately apparent to me how the shield window worked when I put in the code, but I figured it probably wasn't something that had to be there, so I left it like that. Balance was one thing that seemed to justify it.

You basically get more control over an already powerful armor set, and more control = more power. So f. ex. by it being visible, you get to pull back / hide every time you see that it's low, reducing risk of damage. I might look into it again though, because it's not a huge thing.

nefarian11

nefarian11

Quote from: Rah on July 21, 2017, 08:30:34 PM
Quote from: nefarian11 on July 17, 2017, 04:26:48 PM
No more reskin version?

Not for 2.0, but I might add it back if people want it.

I changed the default Power Armor myself with the Goliath skin, so that's not a big issue for me, but it would be good to have it back :)

Heni

Good mod, can you please do this mod patch for CE (combat extended), some of my colonists cant use that armor even with inventory empty. Thanks for your work

Rah

Hi Heni, if I get the time I might look into that.

Mosart

Rah

updated to B19. Both the hellfire and the goliath set are now one mod. Lemme know if you have any issues, and ill take a look at it. enjoy !

Mosart

Quote from: Rah on October 17, 2018, 04:30:24 PM
updated for 1.0
Hi. Is it still possible to use amor just with melee weapon cause of power shield?

Rah

Quote from: Mosart on March 09, 2019, 04:39:56 PM
Quote from: Rah on October 17, 2018, 04:30:24 PM
updated for 1.0
Hi. Is it still possible to use amor just with melee weapon cause of power shield?

Hi, yes it is. sry for super late reply.

ultra4

Hi Rah, no pressure this is one of those that you can start a 1.3 and simply add later, buuuuut, are the old armors gonna get some 1.3 love?