Allow doctor to clothe a patient.

Started by BlackSmokeDMax, January 25, 2017, 01:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackSmokeDMax

Similar to allowing a doctor to administer drugs to a patient, it'd be nice to have the ability to clothe an incapacitated patient/prisoner.

Perhaps it doesn't need to be the doctor, maybe it can be a hauling job or a warden. Anything would be cool in this regard.

OFWG

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on January 25, 2017, 01:00:47 PM
Similar to allowing a doctor to administer drugs to a patient, it'd be nice to have the ability to clothe an incapacitated patient/prisoner.

Seems reasonable, but what game purpose would this serve?
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

WereCat88

Does the naked debuff on a prisoner affect the recruit chance?
Because there could be a super geared prisoner that you may want to recruit so you strip him and dress him with some pants and a shirt and profit???
And better control over prisoners would be also nice.
I am The Primal Mammelon

Limdood

biggest trick would be controlling what clothing to give.  worst?  best? pants and shirt? tribalwear? jacket or parka? 

worst?  the mood debuffs for wearing 8% deadmans pants and shirt would probably be worse than nude debuffs.

Best?  thats for my colonists.

Just pants and shirt? tribalwear?  how does it choose?  doesn't solve any cold or heating issues your prison might have.

Duster? parka?  might be saving those for pawns, but i also might want them to be placed on a prisoner if i'm trying to "clothe them"

I LIKE the suggestion, for both mood reasons and for temperature reasons, but the reason that administering drugs works is because there are only 8 possible drugs to administer, and any given colony may have MANY MANY more potential clothing options to put on a prisoner.  I could see adding a new stockpile setting "allow clothing prisoners from this stockpile" which might fix the difficulty.

Jorlem

Thyme

Just an option for each type of apparel would be nice. I usually strip them to get the gear (good or bad) and then I manually set stockpiles to haul some clothing to their cells (if I care to). Prison break chances depend on mood, so prisoners not being naked helps. Would be nice if we could "force" that with pawns in bed.
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

FreyaMaluk

This is a very cool suggestion.
A must for sea ice biomes or extrem desserts.
You feel so heart broken when cool crashlanded people show up in the farthest corner of your map with just a jacket or naked in the middle of a perma cold snap sea ice base.  :'( ... >:(

b0rsuk

Aside from keeping ice sheet prisoners alive, it would be nice to just clothe bedridden colonists. I remember Raygun, who - several alphas ago - had her pelvis shattered by a lucky sniper rifle shot of a bad shooter. She spent the rest of the game in bed, and I could only watch her clothes deteriorate.

FreyaMaluk

Quote from: b0rsuk on January 26, 2017, 06:36:27 PM
Aside from keeping ice sheet prisoners alive, it would be nice to just clothe bedridden colonists. I remember Raygun, who - several alphas ago - had her pelvis shattered by a lucky sniper rifle shot of a bad shooter. She spent the rest of the game in bed, and I could only watch her clothes deteriorate.
oh wow... that's just sad  :'(.. poor Raygun..