Error loading map - out of memory

Started by altair2020, January 26, 2017, 07:18:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

altair2020

Hi guys, i have 16gb of ram and alot of ram free.

i cannot load my savegames.

does anyone know how to read the log file and see what might be causing it? its always when i have a late game colony it cannot load. :(

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

milon

You're using a *lot* of mods, which can be a factor.  The log file is full of "minor" mod errors, and after a number of them attempt to load, you get the "Exception from asynchronous event: System.OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory" error.  It makes sense that it happens in late game - there's a lot more stuff to track by that point, including whatever garbage data results from poor mod behavior.  I can't say if some mods aren't playing nice together, or if there's one or more mods that are buggy, or what.  Are all your mods up to date?  Are they all A16 mods?

altair2020

Hi Milon,

Thanks for the reply, I have updated all my mods via steam. They seem to be all up to date. Perhaps one of them is leaking memory do you know how i could monitor this in game ? Is it possible to use the debugger to see what is going on ?

When i make a base in Rimworld i go super crazy, by the time i tried to reload the save file, which i was playing seconds before. I had removed every piece of scrap metal from CrashLanding and every piece of rock into stone blocks and converted them into massive defence walls. I also ran a clothes shop and bionic augmentation shop making excessive amounts of trade goods - i think the debug file said there was over 40k of objects.

Is there a way to force Rim world to allocate itself more ram ? is there some kind of 3.5 GB limit or something going here ?

Also is there any tutorials on reading the Debug Files ?

Thanks bro

Deathawaits4

Rimworld is limited to 32bit, which means it can never take more than 4 gigs of ram. Although i had a map with more than 60k objects, i did not get the out of memory exception when loading. Like the moderator said, mino errors can be a huge impact, espacially if you have many objects throwing errors, even tho you dont notice them ingame, they take alot of memory. The most likely thing, causing the game to overload are your hydroponics. Every single one of them throws an error, and thats alot of them. I dont know too much about that, but could it be that you added a mod that changes power mid way of the save? Also, the propably biggest reason for your failed savegame is:

Johns started 10 jobs in one tick. thinkResult=(job=AttendWorship A=Thing_Cult_SacrificialAltar134450 B=(72, 0, 143) C=Thing_PewLinkable134104 sourceNode=Verse.AI.JobGiver_JobQueue) lastJobGiver=Verse.AI.JobGiver_JobQueue

Basically the game tries to give the pawn 10 Jobs within 1 game tick, because everytime the job giver tries to give him the job, it fails, then he tries again and again causing an endless loop, filling your console with errors. Your best bet would be, to go to the mod author of the cultist mod and report this. He is propably the only one who can help you with that. Post him your log, most of the log is this error message.

also, could you maybe post your savegame so i can look for the objects causing immense errors?