[A16] Psychoid Tea (Tribal Drug)

Started by monkhouse, January 27, 2017, 02:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkhouse

A little mod I made after starting a tribal game in a rainforest and finding out why you shouldn't do that. Also in general to give tribals a reason to grow psychoid, since they're already cut off from so many other features. Loosely based on the traditional Andean mate de coca, which I tried once and was nice. Not 'cure fatal illness' nice, but yknow, videogame.

Bumpf:

A simple mod that adds a new drug for tribals. Can be used socially, and also helps fight illness.

- At a campfire, turn 4 psychoid leaves into one psychoid tea.

Drinking it gives a small amount of joy and a +5 moodlet, plus a bonus to blood filtration, blood pumping and metabolism.

Addiction and tolerance properties are balanced in line with other social drugs, so pretty safe, but the effects if they do occur are the same as other psychite drugs, so quite emphatic.

The item itself is perishable, but on a long timer (60 days) because tribals have enough problems as it is. It is also sellable, although not worth much more than the raw materials.

Compatibility: can be added to saves, but it won't show up in old drug policies, you'll have to create new ones to prescribe it.

notes
- I intended to make the recipe available only to tribals, ancient shamanic wisdom and all, but it turns out there's no simple way to do that, so for now it's available to everyone. I'm trusting you to do the right thing.
- Also the art isn't great, bear with me while I figure out how all that works.

Workshop Link - here.
Dropbox Link - here

Comment, suggestion, obscenity, all welcome.

Trigon

I would personally like a non-steam version.

Komyets

This sounds like a really good idea, indeed tribals have it rough when it comes to diseases, like... incredibly so lol. Non-Steam version? All my yes!

monkhouse

Added a dropbox link (here), for those so inclined. Really tho guys, why not join us in gaben's enveloping embrace? It's warm in here. And we get stickers and stuff.

Trigon

But muh non-steam. I need at least a handful of games outside of my steam library.

Rimrue

Hi, are you still looking for artwork?

I've made a couple of Neolithic flasks that I think go better with the tribal theme. Feel free to use them. Also, can I include this mod in a tribal mod pack I'm creating?

Thanks!

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]