How do I edit the map generation?

Started by metalsynkk, April 15, 2014, 01:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalsynkk

I'm a pretty much noob in modding, I've tried doing some stuff in Alpha2 and it worked out 50/50.

But apart from that, where can I find the lines to edit the amount and/or distribution of ores in rock? I would want to try and mod that for the map to contain more ore so I can build larger colonies that will last a while longer than 200-300 days (that's somewhere around my limit nowadays). I just want to be able to build new stuff and keep expanding without the need of hoping for that industrial trader to pass by.

Many thanks in advance!

M.

Architect

look under defs and find mapGeneratorDefs. I've made some basic modifications for BetterPower+, but nothing fancy. My only advice is really just take a look at it, and try changing numbers :P
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

metalsynkk

Quote from: Architect on April 15, 2014, 01:16:30 PM
look under defs and find mapGeneratorDefs. I've made some basic modifications for BetterPower+, but nothing fancy. My only advice is really just take a look at it, and try changing numbers :P

Thanks, I'll just go through the whole file again and see what I can find ^^.