Where in the world is Mrs. Wilkinson?

Started by Ukas, January 29, 2017, 03:30:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ukas

So, Mrs. Wilkinson was a respectable and married long time member of the colony, a gifted sharpshooter and a gracious socialite. With time, she started to have a little problem with alcoholic beverages the colony produces, mainly to sell to foreign parties, and occasionally to be used in wedding celebrations and other get-together events. Also, a welcoming drink is always offered to a new member. But previously a colonist, who shared Mrs. Wilkinson's toxic passion, had developed a carcinoma of liver. With this in mind, it was decided that Mrs. Wilkinson was to be put in arrest - just for her own good and health, so she could be returned to the society one day, hopefully in a more sober state of mind. A special, well furnished isolation cell was constructed just for this purpose. While it was very easy to take her in to her new dwelling where she could enjoy privileges rarely seen in the dungeons, where all the common prisoners were kept, it was perhaps the dark slate walls, which sometimes made Mrs. Wilkinson yield to low spirits and high anger. At times she could spend the whole evening banging on the granite door of her impeccably decorated facility. One could see little streams of foam coming out of her mouth, while she was shouting the most unpleasant things to passer-bys. "Oh, there goes Mrs. Wilkinson again!", the maintenance people used to say, shaking their heads while they concentrated on repairing the door. After Mrs. Wilkinson had spent some hours expressing her dissatisfaction over the current affairs, she usually got tired, and fell safely to sleep. The days went by, and she was getting close to beat her unhealthy habit.

Then, one day, it was noticed, that the cell was empty! Mrs. Wilkinson had disappeared! This must have happened while everyone was occupied with something very important. After all this care her decision to use that moment to just vanish into thin air seemed a bit unfair, but everyone in the colony had to admit, that Mrs. Wilkinson had made some other flawed decisions during the year. As one of the hunters pointed out, he had seen Mrs. Wilkinson trying to give a coup de grĂ¢ce to a downed caribou - instead of a single, successfully delivered bullet to it's head or heart, heavily intoxicated Mrs. Wilkinson had actually managed to shoot all of it's four legs off, one by one. Mr. Wilkinson though, the farmer husband of Mrs., was extremely unhappy. "The hell with all of ya! I want my wife back! I want to get some lovin'!" But Mrs. Wilkinson could not be returned to his husband as she was nowhere to be found. It was somehow known, that she had acquired a neutral status to herself. Only later it was heard, that she had managed to find a winter passage through the mountains in the north and joined one of the friendly tribes, The Gabela of the Mesa. While everyone involved were happy to find out she is actually alive and living in someplace, a question was raised during the weekly meeting:

Is there any way to have Mrs. Wilkinson to join the colony again?

Hans Lemurson

Hope she comes along with a trading caravan and arrest her?

Send a caravan of your own to the tribe and hope they will sell her into slavery?

Send raiders of your own?  It would make a dramatic tale for Mr. Wilkinson to mount a "rescue mission" to get his wife back from the "savages" who surely must have kidnapped her.
Mental break: playing RimWorld
Hans Lemurson is hiding in his room playing computer games.
Final straw was: Overdue projects.

jpinard

Great story.  Would love a follow-up if uyou ever see her again.

Barazen

"This is Emmie, of the Gear Heads theologists... we too are having trouble with this tribe, if you can rescue your member and provide a little... incentive for this tribe to move off the worlds they colonize, i would see to it that our produce makes their way to you."

No but seriously I have been waging a nonstop war with the same tribe, they are down to two colonies outside of what i can reliably send raiding teams and i have sent alot of people to their deaths... so i may have developed a personal distaste for them xD
Anyone else felt their heart break when a pawns marriage falls apart?
Doc & Valarie, I shipped it, she flipped it.