Alpha3 Graphics broken, unplayable

Started by refl, April 13, 2014, 04:20:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

refl

When starting a new colony, the map looks as in the attachment.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

refl

This is unmodded Rimworld on Linux 32-bit.

refl

Sound is also broken, and the map generator obviously has issues, too (see the screenshot). Sometimes, 95% of the map is filled with rock.

Tynan

Ugh. I've seen graphics corruption on Linux. Try switching windowed/nonwindowed?

But this other stuff would be novel and doesn't make much sense if you've never modded the game. Can you try redownloaidng and reinstalling the game? If that doesn't work, can you zip and post your mods folder?
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

refl

I tried switching windowed/fullscreen, no effect.

I am playing a freshly downloaded copy of the game (just extracted the zip and ran it, did not touch any files). md5sum of the zip is 0aa3dc0b01c1d51d715d9ffa7022dfa1.

With a different graphics driver (nouveau instead of the proprietary nvidia driver), the graphics problem are gone. The error messages and weird maps are still there, though. Unfortunately, the game is unplayably slow with nouveau.

I guess I will have to resort to Windows for Rimworld for now. If I can be of help with any further debugging information or testing, just drop me a line. I am running Gentoo, but I can test other distributions in a VM, if that helps.