[1.0] Hard Times on the Rim

Started by AileTheAlien, July 07, 2018, 01:28:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AileTheAlien

I was making mods this week (on vacation), and I realized, half of what I'm making is a bit more balanced towards the harder side of things. For anyone who wants a Rimworld experience (a slightly unfinished one) that feels a bit more gritty and grimy (like a freakin' 90s comic-book, lol), take a look at this stuff (edit: these are all mostly done now, except for a bit of missing art):

I'm sure everything's a bit overpowered, although I tried my best to balance this stuff properly, and tried to stick within what would be close to Vanilla. Maybe after my next vacation, I'll have some lighter / fluffier stuff made, but maybe I'll be in the mood to torture my pawns again. Cheers! :)

AileTheAlien

Well, I thought I was done modding, since the game is content-complete, and I thought I'd explored all I wanted to without decompiling the game. I was wrong! I just made another mod - sand-related stuff! This brings my total mods (at least the ones that are finished enough to be worth playing with) up to four:
- nutrient paste dispencer / paste balance / nutrient bricks
- horrible implants. I've added some more bad-tradeoff implants. They all have clever descriptions, straight from the mega-corps that invented them.
- drugs. I've added some more drugs, all in the theme of big trade-offs / huge mood debuffs. :)
- sand-concrete, walls, beds, and tiles to build on top of sand. Note, normal sand only supports medium now, and I patched walls to require heavy ground, so you can't build any buildings on top of sand without some research first.

I've still got one more idea for a mod that makes different trees, but after that everything needs decompiling. At that point, my time's better spent on other things. :P