Question: can you endlessly punch incapped prisoners for bloodlust moodlet buf?

Started by Darkmark8910, January 30, 2017, 06:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmark8910

Let's say I have a bloodlust colonist. I have a prisoner short a leg. When that colonist is stressed, can I just draft her and send her into the prisoner's room & punch him for awhile?

You know, get that bloodlust up. And keep the prisoner alive forever so we have that moodlet!

TheMeInTeam

Every time you down someone there is a chance it kills them, so you would have to just punch them for damage, patch them up, then stop until they heal a bit.  That wouldn't give you much bloodlust.

If the prisoner dies, then your colony takes the mood hit aside from bloodlusters/psychos.

AN7AG0NIS7

what if you get 2 colonists? 1 with bloodlust and the other with the masochist trait and then get them to do what is natural (for them at least). Seems like a win-win situation..

P.S. can we get "bloodlust" renamed to "sadist"?

mcgnarman

AN7AG0NIS7

lol I actually went to the wiki to double check. Also, according to the wiki, bloodlust mood effects only trigger when strangers die, so S&M play wouldn't work between colonists.  :'(

Bloodlust
NAME gets a rush from hurting people, and never minds the sight of blood or death.
+8 mood for witnessing a stranger's death
+13 mood for killing strangers

Not sure how accurate the wiki is though.

Hans Lemurson

My bloodlust colonists also seem not to take any mood hits from butchering corpses for the dogs.
Mental break: playing RimWorld
Hans Lemurson is hiding in his room playing computer games.
Final straw was: Overdue projects.

TheMeInTeam

Quote from: Hans Lemurson on February 01, 2017, 02:40:06 AM
My bloodlust colonists also seem not to take any mood hits from butchering corpses for the dogs.

They don't.  Like psycho and cannibal they can butcher humanlike and don't care if they/others do it.

However they only get the positive moodlet when people die, so farming this moodlet with prisoners is possible but will cost you mood with other colonists.

They're pretty good for the human leather industry if you're short on cash early game, and not a bad trait overall since they can handle corpses and don't have a penalty being around them (excepting extended periods --> unpleasant environment).  In an established colony I'd rather have a prosthophile with a bionic part, sanguine, or even just giving an ascetic some dumpster trash bedroom but bloodlust is a solid enough trait.