[A16] Floored Re-Reupload V1.1.01 - now with striped standalone! And picture!

Started by whoishigh, January 31, 2017, 04:20:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whoishigh

"This mod changes the look of the default floor tiles by tweaking the colours and replacing most of the floor textures. I tried to make all the floor tiles work well together with all of the default walls and game elements, as well as being harmonious next to each other. This mod also adds three new tiles to the game: a yellow and a yellow-striped one for those critical areas, and a plasteel tile. (Where was that in the first place?) Since my goal was to stay true to the original game, all of the new tiles have the exact same properties as metal tiles. All other stats stay the same." - Curundir

I love Floored, but unfortunately Curundir, the original author, decided to stop working on it. Thankfully he left it available for anyone else to work on, so I've picked this up as a bit of a pet project.

Apart from editing the about.xml to point at the current version of Rimworld and "changing all <WorktoMake></WorktoMake> to <WorktoBuild></WorktoBuild>" (as suggested by Fellbourne on Steam) so this mod will work with Alpha 16, I've made no meaningful changes as of yet.

Steam workshop page HERE!

Dropbox download HERE!

Just want the stripes? Check THIS post!

To do:
- Add pictures to this post
- More colors for striped tiles?
- ???
- !!!

Licenses:
- Consider this permission to use in any and all modpacks so long as proper credit is given to Curundir.
- If I fail to update this mod soon after a game update is released, assume I am a victim of the Floored curse and take over at your own peril.

Important notices:
- Probably won't play nice with any other mod that edits the vanilla floor tiles as this one does. I haven't had any game-breaking issues playing with this mod alongside Telkir's More Floors mod, but do so at your own risk.
- Add or remove from a save at your own risk

Why is there a Re-Reupload alongside the Reupload?

Basically, I'm an impatient SOB. It was over a month after Rimworld A16 was released and the original reupload had yet to be updated, I had already updated it for my own personal use and decided to make it available to anyone else who wanted it. A short time later the original reupload was updated, but by then 'my' version already had a fair amount of users. I absolutely hate that removing something from the Steam Workshop automatically removes it from the library of everyone who had subscribed to it, so I left it up.

There's no real difference between this version and MarineDude's version, they're completely interchangable. I will continue to offer and promptly update this version alongside all future game updates, because I ♥♥♥♥in' love and need these floors in my own games.

ajaviide

whoishigh

Quote from: ajaviide on January 31, 2017, 04:24:17 PM
Hi, love it!
Especially the stripes :)

Attention all stripe lovers! Per request, I've made a standalone mod with JUST stripes! ... okay, it has the yellow metal tile too.

Steam workshop page HERE!

Dropbox download HERE!

This is, again, completely standalone. Works well alongside other floor mods, just don't use it with Floored. That'd be silly, Floored already has these tiles in it!

The tiles themselves have the same beauty and function as metal tiles while instilling fear and/or caution in any pawn who gazes upon them.

AngleWyrm

My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

whoishigh

SpaceDorf

Different Stripe Colors and Numbers would be Great.

Maybe even letters.

To really measure out those killzones :)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

whoishigh

Quote from: SpaceDorf on April 19, 2017, 11:21:10 PM
Different Stripe Colors and Numbers would be Great.

Maybe even letters.

To really measure out those killzones :)

I'd really like to add more colors (and numbers and letters, that's a great idea!), the main problem right now is that Curundir's texture for the striped tiles is exactly as you see it in the game:

I'll play around with it and try to make it just white/black stripes, and then apply colors through the defs, but I'm really new to all this.

The minor problem is that I don't want to make the flooring tab even larger than it already is. If I can figure out how to "stuffify" them, that'd be ideal - get them all under one dropdown when you click on the main one, like walls. But that's definitely beyond my current skillset.

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.