IRT: LordZarmack

Started by Ramsis, January 31, 2017, 03:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramsis

Hello my wonderful community. Taken any good organs lately?

So unless you've been passed out in your cryptosleep chambers you might have heard about a bit of ruckus regarding one of our Asianic modders and a LordZarmack. Tl;dr: Lord was found to have caused quite a bit of a stir through more than likely ripping off textures from other modders or "redrawing" them and claiming them as his own. When I confronted him about said issue we met in our public RimWorld Discord, with about 20ish witnesses we argued with each other over voice for roughly two hours. This dissolved from a simplistic "hey stop doing that" to death threats, disrespect, misunderstandings, and just general drama that should have never come to pass.

Why am I posting this in General? Well first off I want everyone to know right off the bat: WE CARE ABOUT YOUR RIGHTS TO CREATED CONTENT. We do, Tynan practically bathes in a tub of respect for others on a daily basis and I'm a loud jerk who will run in guns swingin' at the first sign of trouble for our community members. Ask around, I see this great group of players from around the world as my family; doesn't matter what part of life or location you hail from you're always my brother/sister/other.

Second off let me be clear that this behaviour is not acceptable AT ALL. If you make content that could easily be seen as threatening to another user's work, clearly we've got a problem and you should talk to either the original mod maker or even the staff here on the forums to verify if what you made is acceptable.

Honestly this kind of stuff saddens me.. I do management work for plenty of communities and RimWorld has got to be the most tame and respectful community so far, I look forward to seeing all the PM's and posts I get every day, but when I have to deal with idiocy and hate.. well it just makes me a bit of a sad fella you know? This community will always be a great one and I'll do my damnedest to make sure it stays that way.

Keep up the great everything everybody. If you see Zarmack or anyone trying to pull anything shady or wrong do not hesitate to report it to myself or one of my moderator buddies, we're here for you!
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Thirite

Thanks Ramsis. While I'm not glad the lunatic had the gall to make more ludicrous threats (presumably to you) I'm glad it's been dealt with.

Ramsis

Quote from: Thirite on January 31, 2017, 04:34:18 PM
Thanks Ramsis. While I'm not glad the lunatic had the gall to make more ludicrous threats (presumably to you) I'm glad it's been dealt with.

Just doin' ma job boss o7
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

lance_hardwood

So you are someone with "internet power" aren't you? 

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Thirite

Quote from: lance_hardwood on January 31, 2017, 05:12:43 PM

Just so everyone is clear this user is one of Zarmack's goony friends on steam that frequently insulted/belittled anyone who called out Zarmack for stealing content.

Ramsis

We are now in talks with ModDB to try and keep Zarmack from being able to upload his works there.

- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Stormfox

So you are some internet scum, are you?

Sorry, the bait was too perfect.

FreyaMaluk

I'm not a modder myself, but I'm glad to hear how deeply the Rimword Team (#RimTeam?) cares about the community :)
Thanks for keeping this forum free of undignified assholes and plain petty thieves :)
And thanks to all the people working hard to bringing some extra flavor to this amazing game.
Love you Rimmodders! Keep up the good work ;)

A Friend

The Rimworld Mountains, our home, was once a normal place, with normal folks, normal lives.
And normal activities like Cannibalism, Surgeon Simulator 2017, PimpMyPrisoner and Cursing Randy on a Daily Basis.

Like any other, it had it's own share of questionable events...
Holy crusades of the man with nine fingers.
Heretics who doubted the return of our lord and saviour Ty'nan.
Encounters with the Corrupted Es-Jay-Dobolyus and their lies and slander.
And the ongoing civil war of "add children pls".

But despite our past,
Our people lived in Harmony...

Until he arrived.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An entity exiled from the Nexus, the Bethesdan Fortress and the Stellaris Hub.
His body marked with multiple hammerstrikes.
His mind scarred from the horrifying encounters of "thoes fuking trolls"
Lord Zarmack was a man with no home.

Everyone hated him, for he told the truth.
But the world's hatred did not affect his determination.
And neither will the DMCAs.

He sought a new home to sell his craft.
And in the horizon, he saw salvation.

Ever we forged an alliance with the Valve of the Steama many wanderers, capable of hauling or not, migrated to our mountain home.
We welcomed all without hesitation.

"They'll probably follow the rules right?"
Oh, how innocent were we back then.

Uncomfortable with working alongside our Forumsider Brothers.
The Steamas established their own personal spot to sell their native crafts. "The Workshop"
Lord Zarmack included.

But Lord Zarmack had no home.
He had no native crafts.

A Steaman Crafter has just sold his latest masterpiece and sought to create more.
He reached for his PNG scroll but it was not there.
In his panicked search, something caught his eye in his neighbor's stall.

A shoddily carved figurine. It seems very familiar.
"THIS MY OWN ORGINAL SCULTURE, DONUT STEEL."
"HERE'S PROOF"
Below it lies his PNG scroll embedded into the fabric.

The Crafter confronted the owner of the stall. Lord Zarmack.
What he asked for was a simple request for him to return his PNG scroll.

"lol what do you mean it's yours. I made that." Lord Zarmack smugly replied.

The Crafter politely explained that he's wrong. Lord Zarmack was not pleased.
"Go fuck yourself you troll, cna't yo u see the PROOF?"
"jesus christ you dumb troll, stop harassing me"

The Crafter warned him of the repercussions that his hostile behaviour will bring.

But Lord Zarmack did not listen.
"alright, im banning you from the comments. i'm folowing rules to the letter and this is clearly my work"
"Im not entertaining u anymore, gtfo"

The Steaman Crafter went to the Forumsiders to express his grief.
His voice was not wasted on deaf ears,
For the Baan Hammerers heard.
And the Baan Hammerers acted.

Since then, Lord Zarmack disappeared from the Rimworld Mountains.

But legends say that he's still out there...
Roaming the land in search of a place,
Which he could permanently call...

His Home.

And so The Chronicles of Zarmack concludes.

I have no idea why I just wrote that.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Techgenius

Are you not one of Zarmacks little bitch lackeys who went on making racist insults, such as "rice niggers?" this community has no place for racists, not even the world, actually. God damn clowns... but this is the internet, when a troll is hungry, it will whore itself whenever it can. As much I see the asian community is kinda naive and rude to internet customs, you've got no right to go around insulting them.

Lordzarmack, thats a name I knew it sounded familiar but I couldn't reconnect til now, the fool caused quite a bit of problem in the Nexus communities for mod theft, he's actually famous, even reddit hates him.. I guess some people really do have a lot of time in their hands, or they are just too lonely.

This was no witch-hunt, rimworld community only dealt with its... "zarmack" pest problem, I wish steam workshop would take down his stolen mods too.

LordMunchkin

Nice to see someone standing up for the little guy!  :)

PotatoeTater

Back in the day when I was big into space engineers this guy got pretty much blacklisted from the website for stealing peoples mods as well. He does basic re-textures, but his code is always the exact same.
Life is Strange

ChJees

The moral of the story; There are no shortcuts to making good content. It takes time and dedication. Put some in and people will praise you for it.

Beider

I'm not sure naming and shaming people like this is the way to go if you want to inspire your community to behave respectfully. Most professional companies will handle stuff like this behind closed doors and involve as few people as possible. A public discussion on discord followed up by a thread to basically start a witch hunt of the accused on the forums is rather the opposite.

I don't know which policies Ludeon Studios has regarding dealing with destructive members of the community, but if this is the current policy I personally think it would be wise to reconsider.