People with cabin fever more likely to favor outdoor joy activities.

Started by BoogieMan, February 01, 2017, 07:36:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoogieMan

Please! If you have cabin fever go cloudwatch or go for a walk.

cultist

I have a suspicion this is already in the game. I've noticed my mountain colony pawns sometimes "go for a walk" even though they have more interesting joy activities.
The path the AI makes for them always leads directly to the outdoors through the fastest route, so it seems like they're being "forced" outside to me. Or maybe I'm giving the AI too much credit, it's hard to tell sometimes.

PotatoeTater

It seems to me that depending on how your homezone is setup they do priorities doing that. Again tho, I might also be giving the AI too much credit.
Life is Strange

BoogieMan

All my people are unrestricted and when I have a flatscreen, pool table, and horse shoes they don't often choose the more mundane methods for joy.

My best crafter continually gets cabin fever, so seems to never go outside. I have a mandatory 1 hour of joy per day on everyone's schedules, too.

JimmyAgnt007

Doing the sea ice challenge I have a horseshoe peg inside and some human leather chairs to spice up the bedroom decor.  They still get cabin fever because they never go outside, even when their clothing is good enough.  I would say that they dont go outside for joy if there are closer sources at hand.  I would support a bit of forced outside joy if cabin fever sets in.