How to Remove Addictions even luciferium

Started by KillaAnime, February 01, 2017, 07:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KillaAnime

First you need to go to %appdata% then if your in roaming on top in the bar it should say AppData click that if so. go to LocalLow. there should be a folder named Ludeon Studios. if so click it. now go into the saves folder. Make a backup up of the save your going to edit sometimes itll corrupt the save. Now open your save with notepad. on the menu bar click edit then find. now in the search box put your colonist nick or realy first name or last. now clcik find next keep clicking it until it stops you. now from here you might see the info on your colonist. Now to delete an addiction type the addiction in the find bar such as luciferium. this should pop up
                                                                        </li>
                           <li Class="Hediff_Addiction">
                              <def>LuciferiumAddiction</def>
                              <ageTicks>2046032</ageTicks>
                              <severity>1</severity>[/s][/s][/u]
And this portion aswell to remove the buffs it gives
                                                                  </li>
                           <li Class="HediffWithComps">
                              <def>LuciferiumHigh</def>
                              <ageTicks>108431</ageTicks>
                              <severity>1</severity>
                              <ticksToHeal>953968</ticksToHeal>

now delete only these portions now save what you did and load the save check the colonist if it didnt work send me a pic of what you did or the save and i can edit for you. if you do send it to me please name the addiction and colonist.
Send it to this Email- REDACTED
itll take me a day or two to send it back.

KillaAnime

im no longer able to help people since i have a busy life to deal with. hopefully you can figure it out.

mipen

There is a way to do this in game:
Go into options and enable dev mode, open the debug menu (one of the buttons that have appeared at the top of the screen). Type 'hediff' into the search box and click the 'remove hediff' from tool. Click on the pawn with the addiction and a menu will pop up listing all the hediffs affecting them. Select the addiction and it will be removed

Sheenariel

Even seeing the time since the last post, there is no other solution I had found on the net so far.

Using Dev-Mode I tried removing an alcohol addiction which had been at 100% withdrawal for several days. This does work, until I load a save created after removing the addiction which comes back at 50%.

Thanks to the second tip I dug into the savegame and removed it there even going so far as looking for every other entry about alcohol (the drug policies aside) but... it does come back at 50% upon loading.

Right now I set the severity of the addiction to 0 equaling 100% withdrawal which in turn gives a constant mood-debuff of -35. My colony does not even has any booze to satiate the addiction thus withdrawal is the only option.

Thus my question: Any ideas?