[A16]Better Terrain

Started by blackhalo, February 02, 2017, 04:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackhalo

Quote from: AngleWyrm on February 17, 2017, 03:13:27 AM
Quote from: blackhalo on February 16, 2017, 09:19:28 PM
I was playing around with the idea a bit ago of making some stuff just harder, but have taken ideas like yours into consideration and I'd rather this was more of a beautiful biomes mod.

I don't code C#, but something in pseudo-code might make a clean solution apparent:

currentDifficultySetting = GetDifficulty()
someMapVariable = setOfMapVariables[currentDifficultySetting]

That way you could integrate your desire to make harder stuff into the difficulty of the game, so that the environment presents a range of difficulty that reflects what the player wants to experience in a given game. It could add interest to exploring possible worlds and so add to replay value.

Its a nifty idea, I just already have too much on my plate without trying to figure out how to work the GUI and make multiple versions of things for different difficulties.

lilymortis

Are all the biomes done now? I've been inspired to do a series of short playthroughs (planetkiller in 200 days), same scenario, planet, and people but a different biome each time. Started on temperate forest (because seriously, how gorgeous does it look now? I'm screen-shotting as I go.)  but undecided as to which biome next.  If not all the biomes are done yet, I'll follow your lead for the order.

My game is pretty heavily modded but I'm not coming across any major problems, I'll let you know about the bridges and fish industries problem that someone mentioned.

blackhalo

Quote from: lilymortis on February 17, 2017, 09:19:20 AM
Are all the biomes done now? I've been inspired to do a series of short playthroughs (planetkiller in 200 days), same scenario, planet, and people but a different biome each time. Started on temperate forest (because seriously, how gorgeous does it look now? I'm screen-shotting as I go.)  but undecided as to which biome next.  If not all the biomes are done yet, I'll follow your lead for the order.

My game is pretty heavily modded but I'm not coming across any major problems, I'll let you know about the bridges and fish industries problem that someone mentioned.

I'm was planning on updating art in all the biomes, but my schedule, I don't have the time to do that all myself... and I can't really find much help... so its not going to happen in the near future.  So in the end its probably going to be my terrain setup with generally vanilla art outside of the temperate forest and maybe tropical (still gotta tweak that one a lil though).

Atm I'm just working on compatibility stuff and a few tweaks to making terrain less blocky.  Maybe a couple art tweaks after...

Qwynn

Whew. I've been so busy on my own stuff I haven't had a chance to do any testing on the recent versions. I think I'll stat a game up tonight with the latest BT and let you know if I bump into anything.  ;D

blackhalo

Quote from: Qwynn on February 20, 2017, 08:18:42 PM
Whew. I've been so busy on my own stuff I haven't had a chance to do any testing on the recent versions. I think I'll stat a game up tonight with the latest BT and let you know if I bump into anything.  ;D

I'm gonna have a bunch of fixes and stuff coming in tommorow or the day after too, just so you know.  Some 'larger animals clipping terrain' fixes some 'better terrain edges' stuff, items not floating over people fixes, and if I have time some more compatibility stuff.

Rambus200

deleted

ajaviide

Hello!
Sry to bother, one of my top 5 mods for rimworld, wanted to ask if you still working on it?

blackhalo

Quote from: ajaviide on March 14, 2017, 04:03:33 AM
Hello!
Sry to bother, one of my top 5 mods for rimworld, wanted to ask if you still working on it?

Sorry, life has been kinda kicking my ass lately, I'll probably get back to working on this in a couple days
xD

ajaviide

Hey its cool, i was just curious.
Im really glad tho, you still working on this!

Renven

OMG SO GOOD WANTED THIS FOREVER YOU HAVE MADE ME ONE HAPPY CAT PERSON

Modo44

This mod seems to only ever create shallow water. On maps with a shore line, you get things spawning as if they are coming out of the ocean. This makes it difficult to build a seaside resort.

NDDina

Awesome mod, can't wait for A17! :D