[A16] Rainbeau's Other Mods - Editable Backstories, Smooth Stone Walls, and More

Started by dburgdorf, February 22, 2017, 01:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lethe

Quote from: dburgdorf on May 19, 2017, 02:05:25 PM
Quote from: Goldenpotatoes on May 19, 2017, 12:50:55 PMSo apparently smoothed/etched walls can be sold by bulk traders.

Oooh Kaaay....

Yeah, obviously, that's not intended to happen. Not sure *how* it's happening, since the walls are based off of base wall code, and base walls can't be bought or sold....

I'll definitely look into it.

And on a side note, I love your cartoon.  :D

If you ever figure out what that bug is, would you care to inform us sometime about it? I'm quite fascinated with such aberrant behavior. It's a bit of a learning opportunity. :)

I wanted to thank you for the bridges!!! They look so pretty <3 I'm very happy to use them in my colonies~

I also wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your replies on certain things in here. :D While certain things are clearly frustrating for you to deal with, I assure you your replies are quite wonderful to read. I'm afraid I laugh quite a bit over it at your expense. [I'm a bit of a sadist.] Hopefully you're no longer bothered with off topic complaints anymore. :)

Cheers! :D

dburgdorf

Quote from: Lethe on May 30, 2017, 10:33:37 PMIf you ever figure out what that bug is, would you care to inform us sometime about it?

Not sure when (or if) I'll actually bother digging into it. Simple specifically defining walls as non-tradeable presumably solved the problem, though they should have been defined that way by default.

Quote from: Lethe on May 30, 2017, 10:33:37 PMI wanted to thank you for the bridges!!!

You are more than welcome.

Quote from: Lethe on May 30, 2017, 10:33:37 PMI also wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your replies on certain things in here. :D

I figure at age 53 I've earned the right to be a curmudgeon at least occasionally. I try to be polite online; honestly, I do. But sometimes my frustration and/or my sarcastic tendencies get the better of me. :D
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Lethe

Quote from: dburgdorf on May 31, 2017, 12:10:59 AM
Not sure when (or if) I'll actually bother digging into it. Simple specifically defining walls as non-tradeable presumably solved the problem, though they should have been defined that way by default.

I figure at age 53 I've earned the right to be a curmudgeon at least occasionally. I try to be polite online; honestly, I do. But sometimes my frustration and/or my sarcastic tendencies get the better of me. :D

Ah, I didn't realize you fixed the bug already! I didn't see it mentioned. If it's already fixed ignore my request then x"D I thought you were going to have to figure out why it was acting like that in order to fix it. I forgot that's not always the case. Gotta love those times when it ends up like this: "Not sure why this is doing that, but this fixes it soooo problem solved! :/"

Oh, you are polite! Nary a word of place. It's just easy to read the emotion's off of your posts. I suppose some of us are gifted with the rare ability of understanding the obvious more than others. :l

By the way, I'm pretty sure we got rid of age privileges. The appropriate defense nowadays is that you were born that way; as in the immortal words of Lady Gaga, "ooh, there ain't no other way, baby, I was born this way." Otherwise us self entitled millennials wouldn't have a good excuse anymore. ;p

Cheers! I'll be cheering for those sarcastic tendencies to get the better of you. ;D

dburgdorf

Quote from: Lethe on June 01, 2017, 05:59:56 PMAh, I didn't realize you fixed the bug already!

Just to clarify, it's been fixed in the a17 version. I'm no longer updating my a16 mods, though, so it remains possible in a16 for traders to sell etched walls. Consider them oversized novelty items. :D

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Sp4m

Hello! This seems like a big, incredibly broad topic'd thread for me to ask a support question, so please let me know if there's a better place to ask...

I want to use Editable Backstories as a basis for my mod, and I'd also like to have some custom art/equipment to go along with my backstories.
For example, If a character has a backstory that says they're a king, I'd love to spawn them with a crown. This crown doesn't need to be craftable by normal means.

Is this something I can do within the XML available to Editable backstories, or will I have to learn some C#?

dburgdorf

Quote from: Sp4m on June 13, 2017, 12:04:47 AMI'd also like to have some custom art/equipment to go along with my backstories.

Yeah, I'm afraid you're looking at a need for actual coding here. You couldn't do it just in XML, as there's nothing in the game's existing logic to allow accessories, hairstyles, clothing, etc., to be tied to backstories.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Sp4m

Thanks for making that clear! This saves me a lot of time.

And just to be certain... Is there a way to associate any of those resources with a particular Name? (There's a separate Names file that associates names with backstories)...

In my case, I have specific 'hero' names, first and last, associated with a specific hero characters with fixed traits, delivered via fixed backstories.