My Dream Endgame, let's discuss.

Started by CiceroThePoet, February 02, 2017, 10:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CiceroThePoet

This isn't a suggestion, just something I would really like to do, but that I can never find an appropriate map for.

I would really like to play a game in a cold biome, sea-ice, appropriately. I came up with this idea when I was doing a sea-ice challenge run-through.

Yet, what I really want to do is find a seed of a frozen world, with only one TINY PATCH of temperate forest. I would like my story to unfold in absolute misery with the promise of a paradise on the hell-world my colonists currently exist on, making getting there my endgame. My colonists slowly moving across the world, fighting tooth-and-nail just to reach that one little blip of paradise.

If anyone knows of a seed like this, I would be immensely appreciative. The only thing I ask is that it be 100% planet generation.

Aside from that, what do you all think of my one true RimWorld dream?

Jimyoda

Maybe this?
Seed:Hoth
Globe coverage:100%
Overall rainfall:Normal
Overall temperature:Lowest
The planet is predominately ice sheet, with some sea ice, tundra and boreal forest.
Then there's just two patches of temperate forest near the following coordinates.
1st patch: 3.61° S, 98.16° W
2nd patch: 1.78° N, 41.06° W
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/

milon

That's a really awesome idea!  Posting to watch.

CiceroThePoet

Quote from: Jimyoda on February 03, 2017, 12:05:56 AM
Maybe this?
Seed:Hoth
Globe coverage:100%
Overall rainfall:Normal
Overall temperature:Lowest
The planet is predominately ice sheet, with some sea ice, tundra and boreal forest.
Then there's just two patches of temperate forest near the following coordinates.
1st patch: 3.61° S, 98.16° W
2nd patch: 1.78° N, 41.06° W

I love you more than anyone. I'll post the story at some point. Thank you, very much.

Hans Lemurson

Maybe you can start at one patch, then have to leave because of some unspoken disaster, and so you set off in search of the one remaining patch of life on the frozen rock.  The patches might be too close together for that to make a good story, though.
Mental break: playing RimWorld
Hans Lemurson is hiding in his room playing computer games.
Final straw was: Overdue projects.