[MOD] (Alpha 3) Railgun Superweapon

Started by Kilroy232, April 13, 2014, 02:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirid

Quote from: NephilimNexus on April 15, 2014, 12:36:44 AM
Needs a version that uses boomrats as ammo.
Not to steal a mod idea.....but I got over excited and drew a simple boomrat turret. Still could use some work.

You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd

StorymasterQ

Will it require a special hopper that only accepts boomrat corpse? Or...live boomrats?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Kirid

Quote from: StorymasterQ on April 15, 2014, 02:22:16 AM
Will it require a special hopper that only accepts boomrat corpse? Or...live boomrats?
I've never made a turret, its not working. Someone else would have to work that :P
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd

AntiMatter

it would be better if it used live boomrats (so it goes boom on impact) but... then you'd have to replace the bullet texture with a boomrat... and maybe also be able to pick up the (now spent) boomrat (dead) and use it for food?

just some ideas :P
sometimes, all you need is to get out and push.
-Jeb kerman

Celthric Aysen

Yeah Live boom rats sound great you just need to make a stock pile next to the gun and the colonist will capture boom rats put them in tiny metal cage's then a colonist will take them out and carry them to the gun and fire, and when it fire's, the boom rat explodes turning to raw boom rat meat, ready to be cooked :D
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

AntiMatter

hmm yes that brings up another thing i'd like to see in rimworld... because a boomrat usually get's caught on fire shoulden't the meat be (at least) semi-cooked?
sometimes, all you need is to get out and push.
-Jeb kerman

Kilroy232

Quote from: Kirid on April 15, 2014, 02:10:01 AM
Quote from: NephilimNexus on April 15, 2014, 12:36:44 AM
Needs a version that uses boomrats as ammo.
Not to steal a mod idea.....but I got over excited and drew a simple boomrat turret. Still could use some work.

That is sweet!

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Kilroy232

Quote from: Tynan on April 15, 2014, 04:31:25 PM
You guys are ridiculous.

Kind of surprised you take the time to read some of these dude, but its definitely cool that you do. Especially my stuff, I have asked some dumb questions and will probably continue to :p

NephilimNexus

Quote from: Tynan on April 15, 2014, 04:31:25 PMYou guys are ridiculous.

Are we?

And also this:

"Jumping to the eleventh century, Emperor Henry I's troops, commanded by General Immo, defended their fortifications by launching a barrage of beehives at the siege forces of Duke Geiselbert of Lorraine and sent them scurrying."

StorymasterQ

Quote from: NephilimNexus on April 15, 2014, 06:08:50 PM
And also this:

"Jumping to the eleventh century, Emperor Henry I's troops, commanded by General Immo, defended their fortifications by launching a barrage of beehives at the siege forces of Duke Geiselbert of Lorraine and sent them scurrying."

Those bees must've been really, really pissed when they land. It's a solid strategy.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Thoughtless

I love the idea of a railgun in this game, but aesthetically it doesn't fit the tone of the game. If it was a little less clean cut and and a little dirtier I think it would fit in fine, just a suggestion.

Kilroy232

Quote from: Thoughtless on April 15, 2014, 10:22:45 PM
I love the idea of a railgun in this game, but aesthetically it doesn't fit the tone of the game. If it was a little less clean cut and and a little dirtier I think it would fit in fine, just a suggestion.

Like I had said in the description this is the first version, the next release should be a little more appropriate to the theme and a little more fined tuned

mccartercar

Quote from: NephilimNexus on April 15, 2014, 06:08:50 PM
Quote from: Tynan on April 15, 2014, 04:31:25 PMYou guys are ridiculous.

Are we?

And also this:

Off topic but, I used to play Clonk. Like a 2d colony, mining, building etc. Anyway, while mining out some of the rock or other elements you would have to be careful not to disturb hornets? nests as they would swarm you and could be lethal if you hang around. Could be incorporated into tree harvesting too. Just a thought.

lazerlogic

I find the blast radius is abit big and if target get close.