Where do i buy Smokeleaf joints?

Started by Mitz, February 03, 2017, 02:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitz

i only have 2 and i have someone addicted to it.
and i also have a chemical facination who OF COURSE tried to binge on the last 2.
do i get them in bulk goods trader? that's all i've never seen.
or are they unbuyable?
It's sad autism's an insult, then i must be an insult.
and my cat also must be an insult, as well as every other cat in the universe.
space cats.

BlackSmokeDMax

They should be able to be bought. I think.

Many times raiders will have them and drop them when killed, or will be in their inventory when you capture them.

Also they are very easy to make. Just grow smokeleaf and then after harvesting them, you can roll them at the basic crafting spot.

PotatoeTater

Every trader type has a chance to carry them just like beer. Usually it's bulk or exotic that has them in higher quantities tho. It's easier to grow them.
Life is Strange

Mitz

1. i have only ~2 days until growing stops.
2. my smokeleaf is only grown 40%.
3. my favourite character died from a shitty 100% medical potency medicine trying to install a prosthetic leg. i made a new tribal start and i'm first off growing smokeleaf.
It's sad autism's an insult, then i must be an insult.
and my cat also must be an insult, as well as every other cat in the universe.
space cats.

Bozobub

...I just don't get it. The negatives of most drugs (and beer) seem to greatly outweigh the positives in .15, much less .16, EXCEPT in the case of Luciferum, once you have enough of a reserve to safely dope up your doc(s).  The rest?  Meh; totally not worth the risks, and moreso now, what with the huge long-term health impact, with the exception of smokeleaf (if rigorously controlled).

Am I doing something funny..?  I never seem to have the necessity for THAT much mood/stat boost, even messing about with Randy.  Maybe it's cuz each bedroom is booty-ful (flowers+statues - lol) and I have a bangin' common room?  Perhaps the fact that EVERYONE gets a dog or bear to bond with, if not 2?  I just don't see the allure of anything but the absolute best (and worst; Lucy's scary at times), with a joint or 2 on the side.

Of course, I also immediately murder overly unpleasant people, along with pyromaniacs ;D, so that probably helps.

That said, I can see the point of smokeleaf, on a strict schedule/mood threshold, and it's a GREAT cash crop, especially when rolled.
Thanks, belgord!

Limdood

Quote from: Mitz on February 03, 2017, 04:37:42 PM
1. i have only ~2 days until growing stops.
2. my smokeleaf is only grown 40%.
3. my favourite character died from a shitty 100% medical potency medicine trying to install a prosthetic leg. i made a new tribal start and i'm first off growing smokeleaf.

you can manually tell colonists to harvest 50%+ crops (maybe 60%) - should get you enough smokeleaf for joints for the winter.

Shurp

Quote from: Bozobub on February 03, 2017, 05:23:46 PM
Maybe it's cuz each bedroom is booty-ful (flowers+statues - lol) and I have a bangin' common room?  Perhaps the fact that EVERYONE gets a dog or bear to bond with, if not 2?

You might be doing something right there.  My colonies tend to look like  a concentration camp -- bodies piled up next to the dining table with a horseshoe pin as the only entertainment, and each colonist having a crappy unlit 3x3 cell to sleep in.  The tough ones manage but the precious snowflakes have trouble.  So I usually keep a stockpile of joints for their occasional use (and to rake in cash).  I barricade them in a closet to keep bingers out.

If my present colony makes it out of the starvation stage I may adopt some cats and make some nicer bedrooms so I don't have to micromanage mood all the time.  But how do you keep idiots from wandering into someone else's bedroom while they're sleeping to admire the art?
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Anaro-SunfireLP

Pray to Greenleafed gods that some hippy raiders turn up, else its time to break out your own plantations.