Scenario system

Started by Kryptos901, February 04, 2017, 06:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kryptos901

So, I was recently watching seven samurai, and wanted to try to do something similar in Rimworld. Start with seven well armed people, theoretically skilled in combat, and after three days have 10 or so simultaneous pirate raids hit. Prepare accordingly. My original idea was seven people skilled in combat, and 10 or so that have absolutely no combat skills whatsoever, but that doesn't really work with the current system. I was also hoping for an "elite" pirate assault group as the bandit leader and his personal guard, who come with high end weapons and power armor. It would also be cool if I could modify the types of raid, to have one or two just straight melee rush mixed with sappers to break defenses, 2 to set up mortars and shell, a few to hang out and defend the mortars, and of course some kind of coordinated assault, with the well armed leader in the back.

Anyway, it seems that you cannot actually start a game with scripted raids? Or am I doing something wrong? When I edit my scenario, it does not let me go forward, saying that using the "create incident" command doesn't work.