Selective stockpiles

Started by ChuggingClorox, February 03, 2017, 09:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChuggingClorox

So i got this idea when i was trying to get food to a specific stockpile from a growzone. Would it be possible to maybe implement a way to grow a crop and have it only stockpiled at stockpile A rather than stockpile B? like for example i have multiple stockpiles for food like animal foods and stuff i have pigs cows and muffalos and its really hard to cart hay to all 3 food stockpiles because they only focus on stockpiling 1 of the 3 stockpiles.
if there is a way to do this already and im just retarded please let me know.

BlackSmokeDMax

When setting up the stockpile, click on the storage button. That will give you the choices to narrow everything down with as fine detail as you'd like.

Edit: just in case, the little triangles in the left column are expand/contract buttons to see more details.

Thyme

I'd like to have a similar options for bills. In addition to the current "drop on floor" and "take to best stockpile", why not also "take to closest stockpile" and "take to stockpile xy"? The benefits are obvious.
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Thyme on February 04, 2017, 09:02:56 AM
I'd like to have a similar options for bills. In addition to the current "drop on floor" and "take to best stockpile", why not also "take to closest stockpile" and "take to stockpile xy"? The benefits are obvious.

That would be great!

If not in vanilla, wonder if the maker of Enchanced Crafting could add that to their already awesome mod. Would fit in the theme of the mod perfectly.

ChuggingClorox

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on February 03, 2017, 09:51:54 PM
When setting up the stockpile, click on the storage button. That will give you the choices to narrow everything down with as fine detail as you'd like.

Edit: just in case, the little triangles in the left column are expand/contract buttons to see more details.
Well yes i knew all of that but i didnt mean options to narrow things down i meant having an option to create multiple stockpiles for the same foods, a good example would be i have 3 food stockpiles for hay rather than having them stockpile all the hay in 1 stockpile until its full then move on to the next you would have an option to have multiple hay growzones ordered to stockpile in a specific zone rather than just the closest or most important one that way they all get filled up as you need it.
I dont know am i explaining this correctly? lol

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: ChuggingClorox on February 04, 2017, 02:58:10 PM
Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on February 03, 2017, 09:51:54 PM

Well yes i knew all of that but i didnt mean options to narrow things down i meant having an option to create multiple stockpiles for the same foods, a good example would be i have 3 food stockpiles for hay rather than having them stockpile all the hay in 1 stockpile until its full then move on to the next you would have an option to have multiple hay growzones ordered to stockpile in a specific zone rather than just the closest or most important one that way they all get filled up as you need it.
I dont know am i explaining this correctly? lol

There is also a priority at the top of every stockpile config menu. You can set this as you please, the more important stockpiles are filled first, until full, then the next. etc.

The pawns will also take from lower importance stockpiles to fill up the higher importance stockpiles. If you just have them all set the same importance, they will only be based on distance as to which ones pawns will haul goods to.

Setting that importance does not affect how likely pawns are to haul that good, just which stockpile they will place it in when they do happen to be hauling that item.

If you are asking if there is a way to say "this work benches goods gets hauled to stockpile 'x'", similar to how you can set things up in dwarf fortress, then no, can't do that :(

ChuggingClorox

"If you are asking if there is a way to say "this work benches goods gets hauled to stockpile 'x'", similar to how you can set things up in dwarf fortress, then no, can't do that"

Yes thats exactly what i meant and was really hoping would be implemented eventually.

Swat_Raptor

this would be a very cool option,