Chaining commands - zone orders- area drawing (redundancy affects replayability)

Started by wbonxx, February 04, 2017, 04:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wbonxx

I came back to play after a month or so, the first thing I noticed is how replayability is strongly affected by redundant commands (harvest single plant, temporary change of priority/ hours restrictions, drawing forbidden areas).
While this isn't true the first 10-20 hours of game (because you are super exited about the game), it gets exponentially annoying later over time.

I think there are 4 things missing that could help making the flow of the game smoother and avoid having to pause and NANOmanage the single actions and temporary changes of the colonist etc..

1- Like in other games would help to be able to use shift to chain commands.
2- Would greatly help to have a button to give a break of 2h to a stressed/deprived colonist (temporary, not pause, go make the change, then forget for 2 months..).
3- Would help to be able to give an area command, draw a square with the right button to harvest or to haul or whatever command is associated with the objects in the area.
4- We really need a better way to manage areas, like 1 button click to add area to a zone and vice versa. It is crazy frustrating 1-2 years after starting playing the game, to have to navigate 2 submenu, create an animal area, dig again in the menu, draw the area, then invert the area from another menu, just to prevent my dog to eat the meat just butchered.

Sorry if I'm missing something that came out in the last weeks.

SpaceDorf

I would like to add merging Stockpiles to the wishlist.

Stockpile creation works really good most of the time, but sometimes it does not,
instead of deleting the wrong stockpiles and trying again .. just add a button to merge them into one.

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

wbonxx

Quote from: SpaceDorf on February 05, 2017, 07:05:44 AM
I would like to add merging Stockpiles to the wishlist.

Stockpile creation works really good most of the time, but sometimes it does not,
instead of deleting the wrong stockpiles and trying again .. just add a button to merge them into one.

I don't see how this is connected to the OT.
I never had such problem with stockpiles, this isn't something you redo over and over.