Pack animals carrying cap not taken into considering for caravans?

Started by jpinard, February 09, 2017, 02:00:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpinard

I'm confused.  I have one of my ladies who was going to take 3 Alpacas with her to a nearby town to do some trading.  But no matter how many pack animals I select, even if I choose Huskies or Labs, the weight limit never goes above what she can personally carry.  Is this working properly?  If so, what am I doing wrong?  Do you only get their bonus after when you're coming home or after your caravan is formed?

hoffmale

AFAIK only muffalos and dromedaries count as "caravan pack animals" (so if you don't have any of those, you caravan capacity won't increase, even with animals that would otherwise haul stuff)

jpinard

Quote from: hoffmale on February 09, 2017, 02:15:57 AM
AFAIK only muffalos and dromedaries count as "caravan pack animals" (so if you don't have any of those, you caravan capacity won't increase, even with animals that would otherwise haul stuff)

Interesting.  Do you know why the info tabs list hauling weights for animals?  I assumed that was specifically for caravans.

Mikhail Reign

Nah that is there individual haul capacity. Unless something has been patched, it never gets used because they only carry one stack.

Theoretically an elephant could haul (not cavavan) like 200 stone. The 75 stack limit stops them doing it.

jpinard

Quote from: Mikhail Reign on February 09, 2017, 04:41:09 AM
Nah that is there individual haul capacity. Unless something has been patched, it never gets used because they only carry one stack.

Theoretically an elephant could haul (not cavavan) like 200 stone. The 75 stack limit stops them doing it.

And that's why I was so royally confused.  Thanks!