[A16] Exotic Armory

Started by ChJees, February 06, 2017, 09:26:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChJees

Exotic Armory

Made by: ChJees, sera13 & sma342
Coding, XML & Sound: ChJees
Art: sera13 & sma342

Weapons and machines from far away in the galaxy.

First Major Release
Whirly spinning blades of death edition.
We are proud to announce that this mode add its first machine in the form of a spinning blades trap. It's main purpose is to cause havoc among your enemies until it either breaks or its internal dynamo runs out.
Never before has mass murder been this easy.

Release
Only weapon it provides is the Charge Launcher which is charge weapon technology developed for handling riots on rimworlds developing into Glitterworlds. Also works frightfully well on rimworlds being plagued by raiders and manhunting muffalos.

Trivia
This mod started as a simple test in the Rimworld Discord modding section but then evolved into its own little mod after we discovered it could actually add something new to the game. Weapons and machines will try their best to be balanced with vanilla gameplay.

Feel free to adapt this code for your own mods.
Assembly Sourcecode

Steam Workshop
Dropbox Download

Always open up to suggestions as long as it adds to vanilla gameplay and is not a duplicate of already existing functionality.

Licensing: Allowed for use in modpacks and the Assembly and sound effects themselves can be used for other mods.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Razzoriel

Does this mean I can now make guns which realistically pierce through multiple targets on their bullets?

Does this mean I can make multiple copies of your sourcecode for variable piercing values?

Does this means you rock, my man? Yes it does! Thanks for this assembly, should work very well in numerous mods!

ChJees

Work in progress...

Swirly blades.

Trigon

Wait, I need a hundred swirly blades. That's just so horrendously devastating I love it.

ChJees

Quote from: Trigon on February 07, 2017, 09:16:44 PM
Wait, I need a hundred swirly blades. That's just so horrendously devastating I love it.

Starting to come to a point where i feel like they are readying for release now :).

A lot of thanks to sma342 for making the artwork for the spinning blades trap :D.

Bunkier

ChJees

And first major release is up!

Stormfox

SpaceDorf

Holy Crap. I can't stop watching the swirly blades animation.
This is incredible.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

ChJees

Work in progress...

Freedom delivery systems in development.

topmango18

Very cool, thank you for the mod. Would love to see lethal gas or similar.

Helixien

How much freedom and what kind of freedom while this lovely drone be able to deliver?

ChJees

Quote from: Helixien on February 14, 2017, 02:53:17 PM
How much freedom and what kind of freedom while this lovely drone be able to deliver?
1 load of High-Explosive, EMP, Flaming or high velocity Freedom is the intended payload.

Canute

What a waste of resources, then the poor drone is just a 100% accurate hit mortar.
With that speed it would be much better a one item hauler.
Or if you can fit a doomsday launcher on it... :-)

SpaceDorf

As soon as the concept works .. sky is the limit :)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.