[A16] Plants dissapear in hydroponics & dumb sappers

Started by Reve, February 06, 2017, 11:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reve

I've found two bugs:

#1: My plants in hydroponics basin just randomly dissapear. I know that it sounds like "I have bad temperatures/no light/animals" but thats not it. Temperature is 100% good (room with geothermal and two coolers set to 20C - adapts to low as well as high temperatures), there's light 24/7 (sun lamp with it's own, separate power source), no animals there (I have only one dromedary, and it is forbidden to enter there). I have also a farmer, who's "grow" job is a first place. Despite of that, my crops keep dissapearing. I've seen it on my own eyes. Rice plant (or healroot) with ~20% growth just dissapeared - no reason.

#2: It's more like AI mistake, than a real bug. but I decided to report it, maybe it'll be helpful :) When I had sappers ride, they just dug at random rock, faaaar away from my base, and then went through my main enterance (with turrents) just like a normal raid. Look at my screenshot.

http://imgur.com/a/kZCp7
English is not my native language, so.. feel free to correct me :P

Calahan

Thank you for the bug reports.

For both reports can you please confirm whether or not you are using any mods. Or better yet please post your log file as an attachment (as that will contain your mod list, if any). For #1, can you please post a save game file where one of your plants is shortly going to disappear. As there might be a valid WAD reason why this is happening, but it's hard to check for them without a save file (a screenshot alone doesn't provide enough info). A save file for #2 would also be useful, but I assume you are less likely to have a save for that (as it was a one off event).

Reve

I'm not using any mods. Unfortunately I don't have any save files for #2 bug. But as we speaking about #1, no problem, link is on the bottom of this post (is .rws file enough?). The problem is that this bug happens randomly, so I can't tell which crop is going to die, but I've run this save file 3 times and every time one of the crops dissapeared within a minute. Just focus on the farm shown on my previous screenschoot, click "x3 speed" and watch carefully.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j3ef8ilrxgz1fss/The%20others.rws?dl=0

Ark

A poison ship crashed on your map 30 days ago, and is still active. The plant-killing radius is way bigger than the snow effect radius.

Reve

Oh... so it can kill plants even if there's no snow there? Thanks... I'll check that and let know.

#edit
Yup, this was it. Sorry for false report

Zhentar

I can explain #2. Sapper pathfinding places a fairly low path cost on digging through things, so sometimes they'll decide it's faster to dig through thin spots in rock outcrops than it is to walk around them. I don't have any A16 saves that reproduce the behavior, but it's not a hard situation to create.

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog