Display Weapon Equipped

Started by Phienyx, April 14, 2014, 01:01:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phienyx

In Alpha 2, you simply had to select a colonist to see what weapon they had equipped.  Unless I am missing something, you now have to put them into "drafted" mode to see what weapon they have. Perhaps this could be reverted and also have weapon info in the tab you get when you hover over them.

keylocke

affirmative.

i don't get why they bothered removing the weapon equipped display in the first place.
removing it makes it harder to choose which colonist i want to send on an errand. forcing me to keep drafting and undrafting each of them until i find the right pawn equipped with the right tool.

it's kinda annoying especially when i'm in the process of slowly upgrading their gear making it hard to recall which pawn is currently equipped with what item..

---------------

it would also be nice to mouse over colonist names in the overview and have a pop-up of their stats and gear next to the cursor, if i mouse-over for around 5 secs or something. it makes choosing the right colonist for the right job and making sure that they have the right gear, a lot easier.

Monkfish

You can still see what they have equipped, just click on them...

Although I agree, it was much easier with the weapon icon.
<insert witty signature here>

keylocke

ah. thanks monkfish for clearing that up. i was so used to looking at the weapon icon that i didn't notice the text display for the weapon. my bad.  :P

Monkfish

Quote from: keylocke on April 15, 2014, 03:50:50 AM
ah. thanks monkfish for clearing that up. i was so used to looking at the weapon icon that i didn't notice the text display for the weapon. my bad.  :P
It caught me out first time too.
<insert witty signature here>

Phienyx

ApexPredator

A small icon would still be useful. Unless there is a plan for the other half of the colonist panel later that would require it to be empty now.

Evul

A icon is vissade when they are drafted :p if I don't recall wrong :)