Changing Terrain. For combat.

Started by Mikhail Reign, February 08, 2017, 04:39:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikhail Reign

So, when everyone makes a killbox, the first thing that you do is clear the killing field of any cover. If you take it a step further, then then cover the whole field with sandbags. Its gamey as hell, but its the only 'slow' terrain that you can place. It also has the secondary side effect of making it so that the raiders cant return fire (they cant stop on a sandbag) - this is EXTRA gamey. Me no like. In reality, this step would probably be done by stringing barbed wire all over the field. I think barbed wire should be in game, but what I am suggesting is a legitimate alternative.

The ability to 'change' terrain, using some in game mechanic - the ability to 'flood' areas to make a muddy marsh. I was about to suggest the reverse, but thats what the pump did (does? is it still in game). Maybe through some kind of built pump that would tap in to a (not represneted) aquifier and flood X squares around it.

Maybe just step down the land per pump?. Sand becomes soil. Soil would become mud. Mud would become marsh. Marsh would become Water.

Basically TL;DR - the ability to flood my killbox, so as to make it a muddy marsh they the enemy would have to cross. Make it expensive, late game, whatever.

SpaceDorf

Firefoam poppers can do that quite nice :)
They slow down the enemy with the foam.

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.