[A16] Obsidian

Started by moldfire, January 30, 2017, 04:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moldfire

Obsidian
Download:
Steam - Dropbox

This is a fairly simple mod and was a test for me to learn how Rimworlds modding system works.
It adds obsidian as a mineable resource to the world, allowing basic crafting of structures, furniture, weapons etc... as you would do with wood, stone and steel.

It should work with any other mods but let me know if you run in to any issues with it.

You can use the mod in mod packs or derivatives, just make sure you give credit and maybe send me a link so I can check it out.

Trigon

Interesting. I imagine a wall of obsidian wouldn't be very strong, but an obsidian knife would be very sharp indeed. What kind of stats does obsidian have as a material in this mod? Or is it just the same as slate or somesuch for all intents and purposes?

moldfire

Quote from: Trigon on January 30, 2017, 07:51:25 PM
Interesting. I imagine a wall of obsidian wouldn't be very strong, but an obsidian knife would be very sharp indeed. What kind of stats does obsidian have as a material in this mod? Or is it just the same as slate or somesuch for all intents and purposes?

Yes, your right. My intent was for it to have quite a low durability overall but be quite sharp when used to craft weapons and maybe more beautiful than stone, though maybe less than jade, when used for anything that increases beauty.

Though I am still playing with the balance

Thyme

Obsidian is harder than marble/sandstone but less durable than granite.
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

Flimflamshabam

needs a tiny bit of rebalancing in terms of costs and durability etc, also the floors aren't showing up for me in the architect menu, anyone else?

Trigon

I actually really enjoy obsidian furniture. It interacts really well with the rustika stone table in Rimkea. Looks fancy. Also with LewisDTC melee  expansion I like kitting out my pawns with obsidian hatchets and spears in the tribal start and find that they're quite effective but not so much so that one would never bother making melee weapons out of anything else.