Should Ludeon release Alpha 17 as refinements, or wait for new content too?

Started by Tynan, February 08, 2017, 01:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should we release Alpha 17 as just a refinements-and-fixes update, or wait to have new content as well?

Release refinements, and then new content in two updates
497 (38.7%)
Wait until there is significant new content to release in one update
787 (61.3%)

Total Members Voted: 1282

Madman666

Quote from: Pepelnica1488 on March 15, 2017, 01:12:10 PM
Can you develop your game faster? Look at thousands mods, he give so much stuff but your shitty updates give nothing or 1,2 possibilities

Wow, talk about ingrateful aholes. I was kinda hoping they weren't a thing in RW's community, since Big T is so great a guy, who pays attention to his game's fans.

I am with those who want to get refinement build a bit earlier rather than a big update later. But I guess T already decided to make it big and late. Oh well, it will be good anyway.

Birdy

Watched that GDC video on Rimworld where the Tynan talked about his game/story generator. Really interesting to see that amount of passion in making Rimworld.

Brutetal

Quote from: Birdy on March 25, 2017, 09:38:05 AM
Watched that GDC video on Rimworld where the Tynan talked about his game/story generator. Really interesting to see that amount of passion in making Rimworld.

Yeah it's heart-warming like he handles Rimworld.
It's really awesome to see that he is actually caring for RW and the community and not only looking for making a quick penny.

And he can take his time to develop.
I prefer that over a rushed-out, buggy release like some AAA titles do.

grrizo

Can you develop your game faster? Look at thousands mods, he give so much stuff but your shitty updates give nothing or 1,2 possibilities
Wow, that's just... rude. I hope that it's a joke.
Lavish meal, now with extra Yorkshire terrier meat.

Andy_Dandy

Quote from: grrizo on March 26, 2017, 11:36:39 AM

...and ignorant. Both rude and ignorant indeed.

mabor0shi

Quote from: Andy_Dandy on March 27, 2017, 02:23:22 AM
Quote from: grrizo on March 26, 2017, 11:36:39 AM
...and ignorant. Both rude and ignorant indeed.
I did some research on pepelnica. he is a troll.

anyway, this thread is over.
Quote from: Andy_Dandy on March 22, 2017, 03:38:58 AM
Seems like Tynan decided to wait and add more content for A17.

https://twitter.com/TynanSylvester/status/844328268870438912
Quote from: Jaxxa on March 22, 2017, 06:01:17 AM
QuoteA wide variety of stuff, including more content for the world map. More places to go, stuff to do, reasons to make caravans, etc.
https://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/60rw07/alpha_17_will_have_new_content/df8wqsp/?utm_content=permalink&utm_medium=front&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=RimWorld
I doubt the poll influenced the decision much. Tynan seems decisive and independent about Ludeon (business) decisions, though pretty open to our influence regarding RimWorld (creative) decisions. A strong leader is just what we need in these troubled times ;)
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

lolitsroger

Add stuff from the Vegetable Garden mod and be able to make prosthetic organs and body parts!!!

Calahan

As others have already mentioned, it appears Tynan has decided that A17 will be a content and refinement update, rather than just refinements. Here are links to the relevant comments by Tynan from Twitter and reddit regarding this (I have shamelessly stolen kindly borrowed the links from earlier posts by Andy_Dandy and Jaxxa)

https://twitter.com/TynanSylvester/status/844328268870438912
https://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/60rw07/alpha_17_will_have_new_content/df8wqsp/

In light of this decision, this thread has now both served its purpose and run its course, so it's time to close it. Plus the last few pages of posts haven't exactly been on-topic at times. Thank you to everyone who offered their opinion and feedback in this thread. It was greatly appreciated. Now we all just need to top-up our supply of patience, and sit back and wait for A17  to be released :)