Raiders and Crops

Started by PiggyBacon, February 08, 2017, 04:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiggyBacon

In all the hours I've put into this game I have never tested it will raiders set fire to crops? Walls and pretty much everything else they will but haven't seen crops put ablaze. I always wall them in from the start. I wanted to make massive grape fields but have no inside space and I don't want to make a thousand walls.

deepSeaKing

Keychan

They usually set fire to crops if it's the easiest burnable thing to reach. From my experience, Raiders and Tribals prefer kicking doors down, but if you have unprotected farmland they won't hesitate to burn them if your doors are already being occupied.  Not exactly sure 100% about the priority, but I believe raids go for Doors > Burnable Walls > Power Sources > Crops growing in player growing zones > etc. (This is all from personal experience.)

PiggyBacon

I tested it and my robot controlled vineyard went up in flames quickly. As did thousands of dollars worth of wine so yes they target fields outside your walls very quickly sadly.

Catastrophy

Yes, I use low priority crops as delay factor.

PotatoeTater

I have a mountain strong hold on my main play map, and outside the front during the summer I have several huge fields that are low priority. if the raiders come in, they tend to burn up their retreat path making it easier to take prisoners for my colony.
Life is Strange

jpinard

Quote from: PotatoeTater on February 09, 2017, 11:28:48 AM
I have a mountain strong hold on my main play map, and outside the front during the summer I have several huge fields that are low priority. if the raiders come in, they tend to burn up their retreat path making it easier to take prisoners for my colony.

How do you manually set a fire?  I like this idea!

Lawlzer

Quote from: jpinard on February 09, 2017, 03:57:58 PM

In his idea, the raiders would do it on their own, but manually you can draft a colonist and force them to throw a molotiv cocktail, or a incineary launcher :D

Jimyoda

Quote from: Lawlzer on February 09, 2017, 04:01:09 PM
Quote from: jpinard on February 09, 2017, 03:57:58 PM

In his idea, the raiders would do it on their own, but manually you can draft a colonist and force them to throw a molotiv cocktail, or a incineary launcher :D
To clarify, your colonists cannot set fires as raiders do. The only colonist that can set a fire (with their bare hands  :P ) is one with the pyromaniac trait, however, you have no control over when and where they might start a fire.
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/