Best way to go about making a Space Marine?

Started by TrashMan, February 09, 2017, 05:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrashMan

I'm conflicted about how to make it.

Looking at various files, I made a astartes body defeinition, replacing all ribs with a chest plate.

Of course, an astartes is far tougher, meaning I have to go trough body parts - fingers, limbs, bones - and adjust their values (do I have to re-name each part? Will a left_middle_finger in the astartes definition xml work without overwriting the normal middile finger? It is a separate file, but the body part name is the same.)

Then come the organs. For some things I see I can tie in the functions easily - multi-lung, secondary heart.
For others, it seems like specific boosts can't be tied to an organ.
How do I tie fast healing/bleeding reduction to a specific organ?
How do I give the multi-lung an air filtration role?
How can I have the organ reduce the need for speed?

I know I can do most of it trough a desease or infection, but again - it's not tied to the organ.
I am trying several different variantions and approaches and I'm not sure how to proceed.

Thirite

You can apply a hediff to a specific body part or organ. You'd have to write custom hediff classes in C# to give you specific functionalities that you want. It's easier than it sounds, just read some of the tutorials on the wiki.

TrashMan

Quote from: Thirite on February 09, 2017, 10:39:55 PM
You can apply a hediff to a specific body part or organ. You'd have to write custom hediff classes in C# to give you specific functionalities that you want. It's easier than it sounds, just read some of the tutorials on the wiki.

Any existing headdif? No limitations?

SpaceDorf

Yeap.

And you don't have to rename the body-parts, when you make them a different race.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

SpaceDorf

I did some work on it last year in a15 but chickend out before I released something ..

It is still here if you want to have a look at it.

https://github.com/SpaceDorf/Astartes_Implants

I based the body on epoe, and did a lot of hediff and organ definitions.
All 19 Space Marine Special Organs are defined and included, nearly all of them with hediffs.

There are also some workbenches in there for producing the organs from the gene-seed ressource.

Because my ambition was to create space marines from basic colonists.
But I failed at changing the race on runtime, which was necessary to create the implant slots
in the body definition. it should be possible with a bit of c# based on cpt. ohu's alien framework.

You don't need that if you make them a race of their own.

p.s. I was allowed to use the code, but not the graphics from skullywags dermal regenerator.

p.p.s I was planning on making the space marines milkable/shearable for geneseed .. I can't remember how far I got with that.

TrashMan

Quote from: SpaceDorf on February 10, 2017, 06:42:45 AM
I did some work on it last year in a15 but chickend out before I released something ..

It is still here if you want to have a look at it.

https://github.com/SpaceDorf/Astartes_Implants

I based the body on epoe, and did a lot of hediff and organ definitions.
All 19 Space Marine Special Organs are defined and included, nearly all of them with hediffs.

There are also some workbenches in there for producing the organs from the gene-seed ressource.

Because my ambition was to create space marines from basic colonists.
But I failed at changing the race on runtime, which was necessary to create the implant slots
in the body definition. it should be possible with a bit of c# based on cpt. ohu's alien framework.

You don't need that if you make them a race of their own.

p.s. I was allowed to use the code, but not the graphics from skullywags dermal regenerator.

p.p.s I was planning on making the space marines milkable/shearable for geneseed .. I can't remember how far I got with that.

You are a god among men

SpaceDorf

*blushes* .. If I were I would have finished it.