Error while loading a map

Started by Awesomeman, February 09, 2017, 06:26:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Awesomeman

Hi all, I'm new here so apologies if I've put this in the wrong place.

I was loading a game and decided to add an extra mod when I got an error saying "Error while loading a map". I disabled the mods I tried to add, but the error persists. I've reset the game a few times and loading earlier saves, but it just gives the same error. I've got a really nice organ harvesting operation going and I'm pretty sure there's a few people on the operating bench right now...

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks guys.

milon

1. This is the correct forum
2. Make backups of your save & auto saves
3. Try loading an auto save with just the mods you had originally
4. Don't add new mods to an existing game unless the mod specifically says it's okay to do that ;)

Let me know how it goes

Awesomeman

I made backups of my saves. Went through my mods and made sure only the old ones were loaded and that they were all loading in the same order. Tried loading an autosave (most recent one was from a day before) and it still came up with the same error.

I'm definitely not adding any more mods mid-game, that's for sure.  :'(

Nildy

I encountered the same problem after adding A Dog Said... in a save file. Now the save doesn't load, even after I disabled it :(
Internet Citizen ID: #AF42244D35F

Awesomeman

NickSpGR has made me realise I should add the mods I added when the error occurred. The mods I added were "Silly Builder, Surgery is for Doctors" and "Defensive Positions".

Jake

I have the exact same problem, only so far as I can remember, I didn't change any mod settings.

Also, where exactly is this mythical "error log" where I can supposedly find further details? I've tried every likely-looking folder in the game directory and it's nowhere to be seen. I'm running Linux and bought the game through Steam if that helps.

Awesomeman

I have no idea, I can't find the error log either.

Calahan

@ Jake & Awesomeman - Details on where to find your log file can be found in the following thread (see #6).
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=513.0

There is also a clue in milon's signature, which can be seen in his post above :)

Awesomeman

Thanks Calahan, I appreciate your and Milon's time on this.

What is the best next course of action for me? I've included the the error log and three save files (my most recent manual save and two most recent autosaves) in https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6HWymd09zSCeW5fb3VkN1NubzQ. Am I better off posting directly into the mods bug forum?

milon

Thanks for the PM reminder.  IRL is quite busy for me right now, so it's easy for me to lose track of other things too.  Oops!   ::)

Anyway, I looked at your output log.  It looks like Fluffy's BirdsAndBees mod might be misconfigured or incompatible or something (see line 135 etc).  I'm not sure if that's the extra mod or not, and I can't tell if you were still using it later when the fatal crash was triggered, but if you are still using it, then disable it and try again.  If that doesn't work, I'll move this thread to Mod Bugs and hopefully someone there can be of better assistance.  (I don't do much with mods, so my assistance ability is limited.)

Awesomeman

BirdsAndBees was definitely not added just prior to the crash, I'd been using if for quite a while. However, I've tried disabling it and launching again. I get an error message stating that I'm not using the same mods I previously was and the game doesn't load.

I really do appreciate your assistance on this. Hopefully, as you said, someone with further knowledge can assist me :)

tristanyo

I had same issues. I disabled the Fluffys WorkTab mod - this worked for me

Awesomeman

Thanks for the idea, tristanyo.

I tried disabling WorkTab but it just gave me an error that the mods I was loading with weren't the ones I saved with and refused to load.

skullywag

You got any mods that add custom pawns, races etc anything that would add a new body def, as it seems some body parts either on pawns are wrong. If you can start a new game without issue and its only this save then either a mod updated between you saving and playing again (steam does this, which is why I wont use it) and mod author messed with some body parts or its some other issue on said mod.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?