[Tool] (A16) (A17 compatible) Simple Save Editor

Started by arkatufus, February 09, 2017, 07:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arkatufus

-- Discontinued --
Redjordan will continue maintaining the editor, you can get the latest maintained version here.

This tool is a fork from https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16176.0 to support Alpha 16.
Well, started as a fork, ended as a total rewrite, same functionality though.

Same disclaimer applies to this tool as it is the previous version.

You can download the tool here: https://bitbucket.org/arkatufus/rimworldsavemanager

EDIT:
This tool is compatible with A17 beta (so far). Please notify me in this thread if you run into any bugs.

dnks

Thanks for this :) it's great that someone updated it, I see that a share of people have already downloaded it but no posts here, that's a bit sad.

DapperDan

When I change injuries, the person's second backstory also changes.

arkatufus

Quote from: DapperDan on February 21, 2017, 04:41:47 PM

Can you send me your save game file so I can debug the problem?

Karth32

Quote from: arkatufus on February 21, 2017, 11:41:10 PM
Quote from: DapperDan on February 21, 2017, 04:41:47 PM

Can you send me your save game file so I can debug the problem?

I'm having the same issue as well. I'll zip up both the original save file and the modified one and PM you.

DapperDan

Just found out that the character's second backstory changes with every reload after editing.

arkatufus

Alright, I just fixed the bug.
Hope that this version nails the backstory database problem.

arkatufus

Quote from: dnks on February 14, 2017, 09:28:44 PM
Thanks for this :) it's great that someone updated it, I see that a share of people have already downloaded it but no posts here, that's a bit sad.

Lol, its alright, really. This is mainly a personal tool, and I wasn't even the original coder. I didn't even know that there's a download counter in bitbucket :P.

DapperDan

Thanks for your work! You are a shining example of a good person.

kurikinton

I notice that there's a check to prevent adding more than three traits per pawn.

There are actually mods that enable pawns to have more traits, so it would be pretty neat if the editor perhaps just warned about the trait limit instead of actually enforcing it. Even without mods, there's nothing in the XML def that says there can only be three <li> elements under <allTraits>. I've also noticed that you can add any number of traits in debug mode and the only limitation is that sometimes the interface will only display the first three, while the effects of the others can still be confirmed.

arkatufus

Quote from: kurikinton on March 31, 2017, 06:14:10 AM
I notice that there's a check to prevent adding more than three traits per pawn.

Oh, yeah, sure, I can do that easily... give me a minute...

arkatufus

Done, 3 traits hard limit is removed in v0.5.4.5

AngleWyrm

The version I downloaded doesn't run on 32-bit systems; I'm guessing it was compiled for 64-bit machines. Can you make it 32-bit compatible, or release a second one?
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

arkatufus

Quote from: AngleWyrm on March 31, 2017, 02:51:45 PM
The version I downloaded doesn't run on 32-bit systems; I'm guessing it was compiled for 64-bit machines. Can you make it 32-bit compatible, or release a second one?

Sorry about that, I thought it would run on both architecture.
Can you try downloading v.5.4.5 again? I've split the build to x86/x64 in the latest zip.

AngleWyrm

Maybe my computer is just too old. :/
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh