Infestation ivent

Started by BurovB, December 18, 2017, 10:32:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BurovB

Is there is any way to disable infestation invent in the config files of the game for not disable it every time before world generation?
P.S. Sorry for my English, it's terrible...

doomdrvk

Quote from: BurovB on December 18, 2017, 10:32:51 AM
Is there is any way to disable infestation invent in the config files of the game for not disable it every time before world generation?
P.S. Sorry for my English, it's terrible...
Its spelled event, anyway I'm having a bit of trouble understanding you so forgive me if you already know this but you can modify a scenario and disable the infestation event and you can save it to load up next time, as for ongoing saves there's most likely a mod which can disable the event.

Limdood

you can set up custom scenarios, and save those scenarios, allowing you to choose them instead of the "crashlanded," "rich explorer," or "tribe."

Examples of things you can change include:
- forcing a trait to be on all pawns
- disabling any event (except, apparently, mechanical breakdowns) including infestations
- modifying any of dozens of stats for every pawn, like carrying capacity, tame chance, rest effectiveness, immunity gain, etc.
- forcing events to happen
- starting resources, pawns, health conditions, etc.

once you make a scenario you like (it could be something as simple as picking "crashlanded" and editing it to have no infestations), you save it (it won't overwrite other saved scenarios) and you can easily select and play that in the future.

BurovB

Hans Lemurson

Custom scenarios is a great feature!
Mental break: playing RimWorld
Hans Lemurson is hiding in his room playing computer games.
Final straw was: Overdue projects.

mndfreeze

As others have said you can remove it.  I do for most of my playthrough because I don't enjoy its spawning mechanics.    Just pick the scenario you want and then check the custom/edit scenario.  You was to disable event 'infestations'.

This is also how you do the complex scenarios like ultra cold or ultra hot worlds, permennt stuff like volcanic winter, etc.