Post a cool tip you know about!

Started by Limdood, February 09, 2017, 11:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceDorf

yeah, you can see it in the startup log, when rimworl reports errors or other stuff from mods that arent even active ..
Rimworld does not load every mod into the runtime database, but checks every single one.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Nameless

While it is tempting to deconstruct the ancient cryptosleep casket for their materials. It is better to leave at least 1 around for people with long-term sadness problem (i.e you just killed their entire family and dog and fiance after their new lover cheated on them).

Debuff timer will continue to run while they are inside the casket.

Nameless

Just found a very very easy way to hunt thrumbos without them ever retaliating:

When they arrive, they usually hang inside your base and not go anywhere therefore you can tell when are they leaving the map.

If you shoot them while they are leaving they will ignore you and keep running towards the edge of the map until they either left or well, dead.

This maybe unintentional bug though.

Nameless

If you have a non-mountain base and want to deal with infestation without lifting a finger, you can do this:

You will need to know where is the place that it occurs. It doesn't matter how large the area is. Enclose it completely with at least 2 tiles thickness of wall/door. Have people with high construction skill on standby because once the bugs start to try and break out, they can tear down walls quick.

Simply deconstruct a couple walls after all bugs are dead and the temperature will immediately become safe temperature for you to put the fire out.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

SpaceDorf

One I always forget myself, when fighting mechanoids :

EMP Grenades take out shieldbelts.

Consequence 1.) If Shielded Brawlers attack your Base, EMP's are your friend.
Consequence 2.) Don't throw EMP if your Shielded Fighters are protecting you from incoming fire.

JimJammer89

I have found that the best way to prevent a chickpocalypse is to set up a seperate meal bill that only uses eggs for the meat. This way one's cooks always use eggs before using whatever meat one has stored.
Quote from: TitaniumTurtle on August 31, 2015, 11:57:18 AM
Who needs a force field when you can have a chicken field?

Mehni

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 15, 2017, 07:42:55 AM
One I always forget myself, when fighting mechanoids :

EMP Grenades take out shieldbelts.

So do firefoam poppers.

Firefoam poppers also trigger crashed ships.

Dashthechinchilla

I didn't see this exact one, so I thought I would post it. In cold areas I convert geo vents into grow zones. Saves on heaters. There have been heat management posts here if it gets warm in the spring, but I use doors held open.

You can fill in overhead mountain to prevent infestation, or you can space out ieds to chain react. It will take a bit to trigger, so early shouldn't be an issue. I do this if for example I clear out a ancient danger and don't want to waste time backfilling. Any insects that live will attack and die in your home defense.

OFWG

Quote from: Nameless on August 11, 2017, 02:27:23 PM
While it is tempting to deconstruct the ancient cryptosleep casket for their materials. It is better to leave at least 1 around for people with long-term sadness problem (i.e you just killed their entire family and dog and fiance after their new lover cheated on them).

Debuff timer will continue to run while they are inside the casket.

This isn't true, the debuff timer is paused just like all their other functions.
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

SpaceDorf

Canute

*Bumb the dorf*
When you think it is that important, why you don't add all these tips into the wiki ?

SpaceDorf

Because I don't use the Wiki Myself ... I actually forget sometimes that it exists.

I have to admit one reason for this is the state of the wiki, and adding all this would help immensly and I wished I had enough time for this. Also I use so many mods that I sometimes confuse QoL and Vanilla Features  ;D

kubolek01

Hmmm... Keep the base clean! Prioritize cleanup before most other, or take the -15 mood debuff, quickly making the insanity wave.
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

Limdood

Quote from: kubolek01 on October 03, 2017, 04:09:16 AM
Hmmm... Keep the base clean! Prioritize cleanup before most other, or take the -15 mood debuff, quickly making the insanity wave.

Setting 1 colonist to clean at highest priority should cover most small to moderate bases.  great use for an early useless pawn...if he can dumb labor, he can clean.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Limdood on October 04, 2017, 07:51:09 PM
Quote from: kubolek01 on October 03, 2017, 04:09:16 AM

Setting 1 colonist to clean at highest priority should cover most small to moderate bases.  great use for an early useless pawn...if he can dumb labor, he can clean.

It also makes a good second job for cooks and doctor, keep their workspace clean, while not moving to far from their main job.