No color on stuff material

Started by EldVarg, February 10, 2017, 05:45:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EldVarg

When looking at what materials a building will need the icon will not have the color effect applied to it. Only the big item material icon will use it. So the tiny icon will usually be whitish.

For example choose between the different wall types and look at the tiny material icon to the left. Hence, having a xml color on the item is not that good, you have to color the actual texture (and have a different one for each different color).

<stuffProps>
<color>(69,72,169)</color>

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

EldVarg

ruddthree

I see you're using a mod from the screenshot, but this occurs in vanilla too, with the different stone block types, so I'm mod textures would follow suite. If this is an issue with the mod you're using, I recommend making a thread in "Mod Bugs." If not, I don't know.

Fluffy (l2032)

it's a vanilla thing. Bit unfortunate screenshot, but it happens with metal and blocks in general. Only the little cost preview icon seems to be affected, my guess is it's a simple oversight. The materials list top left of the screen uses the same icon, and that is properly coloured.

EldVarg

Yea I think it would be an easy thing to fix. Just apply the color as they are done the rest of the times.

ZorbaTHut

Fixed in A17. Thanks for the report!